Contact Customer Service Post Cruise

ttnc4me

Hi,

I just noticed that I have large charges on my credit card post cruise that I don't recognize. Right now I'm on hold with past guest relations 1.866.625.1164 which are supposed to have hours 9am-5:30pm. However, I've been on hold now for ONE HOUR and 26 minutes.

Email says it takes 15 days to get a reply.

This is ludicrous. Any other avenues with a quicker response?

Edited by ttnc4me

Hi,

I just noticed that I have large charges on my credit card post cruise that I don't recognize. Right now I'm on hold with past guest relations 1.866.625.1164 which are supposed to have hours 9am-5:30pm. However, I've been on hold now for ONE HOUR and 26 minutes.

Yes. Call the credit card company. If you didn't make the charges you dispute them and report unauthorized charges. Unless, as Triptolemus stated, they are holds. But you'll get faster action with the credit company than trying to reach NCL on a weekend

Make sure they aren't the holds that were put on during the cruise. The holds are replaced by the actual charge when you disembark, but it sometimes takes days for the holds to clear.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Then you would lose that bet because they are SETTLED on my card from 2 WEEKS AGO. I know the difference thank you.

Yes, I used larger letters because that's how messed up I think it is. Notice, not the LARGEST of letters that I could have. ;)

Happy to report that I finally got through after 2 hours and 4 minutes on hold.. The rep is requesting to adjust the inappropriate charges.

So, let this post serve for future reference to expect "longer than normal" hold times. :D

Then you would lose that bet because they are SETTLED on my card from 2 WEEKS AGO. I know the difference thank you.

Yes, I used larger letters because that's how messed up I think it is. Notice, not the LARGEST of letters that I could have. ;)

Happy to report that I finally got through after 2 hours and 4 minutes on hold.. The rep is requesting to adjust the inappropriate charges.

So, let this post serve for future reference to expect "longer than normal" hold times. :D

Glad you got it cleared up!

I must admit that holds can be very annoying. I used a well known car hire company in Canada and they didn't tell the card company to connect the payment with the hold that had put on. I phoned my card company and they said that, had I not phoned , the hold would have remained for 30 days before dropping off.

Sorry to hear of your hold time, pity that NCL don't do what some companies here in New Zealand do. They have an automated system that will take your phone number and you then get a call back. Better than being "on hold", the longest time I have had waiting for the "call back" was 2hr 20min. At least I could do things in the garden not sit with the phone glued to my ear.

Yes. Call the credit card company. If you didn't make the charges you dispute them and report unauthorized charges. Unless, as Triptolemus stated, they are holds. But you'll get faster action with the credit company than trying to reach NCL on a weekend

Thank you very much. I know that it costs the merchant extra fees when they deal with chargebacks so I was actually trying to do them a favor to check with them first. I'm still on hold as he processes things so we're up to 2:18 all in, but at least making headway.

Sorry to hear of your hold time, pity that NCL don't do what some companies here in New Zealand do. They have an automated system that will take your phone number and you then get a call back. Better than being "on hold", the longest time I have had waiting for the "call back" was 2hr 20min. At least I could do things in the garden not sit with the phone glued to my ear.

Oh, I agree! American Airlines has the same thing and it's so much nicer!

Thank you very much. I know that it costs the merchant extra fees when they deal with chargebacks so I was actually trying to do them a favor to check with them first. I'm still on hold as he processes things so we're up to 2:18 all in, but at least making headway.

Keep on top of this. Some of us know from past experiences, the CS reps make promises that aren't kept.

Hi,

This is one of the advantages of using a travel agent.

Not if you booked through a TA.

It was their mistake. Why shouldn't they accept the consequences? I sure would not remain glued to my phone for two plus hours for someone else's mistake. Call the bank and let them take care of it.

Keep on top of this. Some of us know from past experiences, the CS reps make promises that aren't kept.

Which is why calling the bank is a better idea. If you don't challenge the charges with in two billing cycles, they become permanent.

This is one of the advantages of using a travel agent.

Please, do tell?

I did use a travel agent but not sure how that would have helped when the charges were supposedly made on board and mistakenly charged after the fact.

Which is why calling the bank is a better idea. If you don't challenge the charges with in two billing cycles, they become permanent.

Actually, much longer with American Express. ;)

Thanks for letting me know to stay on top of it. How naïve I might have been to believe the rep that it was resolved.

You are paying the travel agent to handle your transactions with the cruise line via the travel agent's commission. I had a $15 dispute and turned it over to my TA. It required several calls to the cruise line and a lot of his time, but he was able to get me my refund and I didn't have to spend any time on hold.