Nieuw Amsterdam Aft Balcony question

oceanlov1

Hi....

We are planning a cruise in November on the N.A. and considering an aft balcony.

If you have been on the N.A. in an aft balcony, which deck do you recommend for privacy and for being the quietest? I'm not sure if the N.A. has the staggered decks.

I would appreciate some info. from those who have been in these cabins.

Thanks in advance

Happy Sailing!!!

We had an aft wrap Neptune suite on navigation deck. It was marvellous and they ruined me. We did notice a bit of water when they were cleaning the deck from above, The deck was massive, at least double deep! Enjoy!

We stayed in 8169, an aft wrap around balcony cabin, and loved it. We also sailed in November. We did feel the motion more in this cabin than in previous cabins that were mid-ship. The balcony was wonderful and the views were great. It was very quiet, but it is a long walk so if mobility is an issue, just be aware of that walk. We would book it again.

Hi....

We are planning a cruise in November on the N.A. and considering an aft balcony.

If you have been on the N.A. in an aft balcony, which deck do you recommend for privacy and for being the quietest? I'm not sure if the N.A. has the staggered decks.

I would appreciate some info. from those who have been in these cabins.

Thanks in advance

Happy Sailing!!!

We've cruised N. A.'s Deck 5 and 6 aft staterooms (you can see my signature for the staterooms). Yes, the afts are staggered, but not as badly/sharply as Noordam is.

Deck 5 is, to me, the quietest of the 2 decks. I prefer Deck 5 but cannot really explain why on the N. A....

Deck 4 is good also, but the noise from the wake can be disturbing to some people, not us, but others have stated that.

Deck 7, while I do not have experience in one of them, other CC friends have and absolutely love it. My opinion is that Deck 7 is just a bit to close to the Lido Aft and noise from Loungers and other cruisers, depending on where you are and the weather outside.

As I said, we prefer Deck 5 aft, followed by deck 6 only if our prefered staterooms on 5 are not available.

Joanie

We were on Deck 4 (4182) in May for an Alaska cruise and never heard a peep from anyone. I was a bit concerned that we would hear discussions from people walking on the Promenade Deck just below us, but nope. The sound of the wake was wonderful.

Edited by Cruise_More_Often