NCL Epic Post Trip Report 7/10-7/17, Barcelona Embark

Seininya

Just wanted to write a post-trip report. I've had extensive help from CC and thought I'll also write something, hopefully helping others :D

So about myself: 30+ years old, female, I went with my parents on this trip (60 years+).

We booked the cruise rather late, in mid-April so our options were limited to balcony, NCL was running the Canadian at Par promotion, so we picked that, hence we did not have option to pick 3 free options (it's either pay in USD or pay in CAD but at par with USD). After speaking with the NCL agent, we decided on aft-balcony, level 10.

We booked our flight from Toronto to Barcelona, then Barcelona to Paris (disembark day), then Paris back to Toronto (4 nights in Paris).

It was a good idea we booked our flight to Barcelona a day earlier than the embarkation date, as our flight on Air Canada Rouge was delayed by 4 hours, the flight was supposed to be at 21:00 July 8, it ended up being July 9, 1:30am when we took off. Along on the flight were some Carnival Vista cruise passengers who grew increasingly frustrated with the delay and were fearful they will not make their embark time. I think Air Canada did something for them, but was not too sure.

Day 1 Barcelona (July 9)

After arriving at 14:00 local time in Barcelona, I was afraid we will miss our timed entrance to Sagrada Familia. We took a cab from airport to our hotel (Acta Antibes) for 26 euros. Hotel itself was basic, clean, quiet, helpful staff who understood English and close to Sagrada Familia.

Prior to the trip I downloaded multiple maps: Google Offline Maps, and Here Maps. I've used Here Maps extensively throughout the trip and found it to be very useful for walking tours (recommended by Tom's Port Guide, he also recommends using GPS coordinates, which I agree with as the names of tourist sites in the maps are often different than English version).

Walked to Sagrada Familia and made it in time, highly recommend the timed tickets, as there was a huge line for ticket purchase. With timed tickets, it's just a short security line and we're inside the Sagrada Familia. It is beautiful in the afternoon sun (another suggestion as the light hits the basilica beautifully in the afternoon/sunset). We stayed there a few hours before walking to Casa Mila/La Pedrera. The tickets there were rather expensive so we did not go in.

Had dinner in a tapas restaurant close to La Pedrera, wonderful seafood there. Afterwards we walked back to the hotel and passed out.

The picture did not post correctly. Will try to figure it out later, think it was the ratio :confused:

Day 2 Barcelona

We woke up at 10am and went to grab breakfast near the hotel, we asked the front desk where the nearest coffee shop was but cannot find it - in Europe all the streets have multiple exits etc., so it's easy to get lost. But we found someplace and ate there. We checked out of the hotel and walked to Monumental Metro. Thanks to various reviews, we know it's easier and cheaper to use T10 card. We took the L2 Metro to Passeig de Gracia and wanted to change there to L3, but the staff told us to take L2 instead to Parellel and switch to L3 there to save a ticket.

We exited Drassanes Metro and were at the bottom of La Ramblas, which on Sunday seemed quiet-ish. We were able to find Christopher Colombus Monument no problem. However, finding the T3 Portbus was a challenge, there was a signpost, and we waited at the bus stop, along with HAL passengers. But later on, the T3 Portbus organizer staff told us the bus stop was moved and he showed us where. Uh...Okay...:confused:

The shuttle bus was 3 euros to our ship, I asked the organizer as I had zero idea where the Epic was docked (so was NCL phone staff by the way), but he knew. We were dropped off at the cruise terminal and inside was organized chaos:eek:, people everywhere, they probably have 20 staff checking people in. Even still, it took an hour before we were done. As I have found, online check in was not sufficient (unlike airplane), and even though we had no drop luggage, it still took a long time.

We got our picture taken (with a point and shoot) and got handed our cards and map of the ship and we're off to the Epic.

Just wanted to say I had no idea as it's my first time (and parent's first time) cruising and in Europe. The ship was huge and well signposted leading us to the stateroom. The stateroom was sufficient. Tons of drawers. We had no problems with the bathroom setup except the huge noise the toilets made when flushing. The balcony only had two chairs for three people though, and the sofa bed did not have bedding - I called our steward to help with the bedding and pillow. So even if you call NCL 3 weeks prior (which I did) and asked for mattress topper etc., they do not provide it on embarkation day and you have to ask again when on the ship.

We headed to the buffet and ate there. Generally we used the buffet for breakfast, skipped lunch, and for dinner if we ate at one of the dining rooms, we would have second dinner in the buffet if there's something else that catches our eye. :D The buffet had a different theme each night, we liked the Asian and Seafood themes the best. Generally you can find seats if you wander around a bit.

Day 3 Sea Day

Well, after the harrowing airplane delay and rushing around on Sunday trying to find the metro and exits etc. (I have zero Spanish/Catalan langugage knowledge other than Hola), today the parentals and I have slept in until 10am. :D Which made us miss breakfast as O'Sheehan closed for breakfast by 11am or something and we're not down there until 10:55am. So we had waited for lunch at O'Sheehan and had wings, salmon. We did not eat at any of the specialty restaurants throughout the cruise.

For dinner I think we ate at Manhattan first (steak, some more salmon) before moving to buffet for seafood as it's seafood day.

We also booked the Burn the Floor show at night (booked prior to the cruise), it was very good. We slept early that night as it was a busy day next day, first port day!

Day 4 Naples

Early morning today, breakfast at Garden Buffet was crazy busy...

I've read extensively Rick Steves' books, and he recommended Can't Be Missed Tours. Given that I wanted to go to a lot of places, this was a good option. We were picked up outside the cruise terminal promptly at 8am, the cruise terminal is huge!

The driver was quiet but it's okay. We were dropped off in Pompeii first, where we met with our tour guide, who was amazing, for a two hour tour of Pompeii. Then we drove to Sorrento where we had lunch.

Afterwards we were driven along Amalfi Coast and stopped for photos, before driving to Positano and had an hour to wander by ourselves. By only complaint was the driver was too quiet and did not provide any guidance on what to do. But hey, at least we were back on board in plenty of time (4:45pm).

The rest of the days are all DIY.

Day 5 Civitavecchia

So bright and early on this day. We woke at 5:30am I think and left the ship by 7am I believe? Or even earlier. Breakfast that early still had plenty of people.

We took the free shuttle from the ship to the port gate (I believe the shuttle started at 5:30am). The shuttle, or more accurately called a tour bus (as it's that big) dropped us off very close to the Argo bus stop. I wanted to walk, but after hearing it'll take 25 minutes, and since we'll do plenty of walking anyways in Rome, parents and I decided to wait for Argo bus, which is orange in colour.

Problem was, the guy selling the tickets did not appear until 7:20am, when the bus finally appeared. It's 2 or 3 euros and I would suggest buying a return ticket as well. We printed off train schedule from traintorome website (and also checked it with Trenitalia website). I further checked there is no scioperi that day, because in Italy, you never know. Luckily there was none for our days and the only strike was for Florence (but it started at 21h so no effect).

We were dropped off by Argo at the Civitavecchia train station, where I think we were ripped off as there is a coffee shop selling B.I.R.G ticket for 13 euros (the lady selling said 1 euro tax but I'm not sure). For all bus tickets we paid in cash, they did not accept card - I think if you buy B.I.R.G directly from ticket agent they might accept it. My dad rushed to buy the 13 euro B.I.R.G tickets. We validated our tickets in the station, I think they changed it to a green, new high-tech looking machine and found our platform (binario) no problem. We got on the relatively little stops regional train and were off to Rome.

We took the train to Roma Ostiense, and transferred to the metro Piramide - we had to ask directions several times but eventually found it, as it's outside the main train station. We took the metro to Colosseo and were in front of Colosseum. The security line were as long as how old the Colosseum was, so we did not go inside. But took some pics outside. And then walked to Palatine Hill, took some pictures, and wandered about a bit to take pictures of the Forum.

Then we took metro from Colosseo to Roma Termini (huge mistake, rush hour traffic, lots of people). But we transferred to Metro Line A and got off at Barberini to walk to Trevi Fountains, which was closed as they are gathering the coins. But picture taking is allowed.

Then it's walking to Spanish steps (also closed for renovations). We then walked to Pantheon, which thankfully is not closed:p. Took pictures and left, this was a boiling hot day in Rome and so many people everywhere.

After Pantheon we ate lunch before walking to Piazza Navona which was beautiful, and also super hot. Yea, this was a walking tour of Rome which I suppose was okay as we stayed in the shade mostly.

After Piazza Navona, it is off to Castel Sant'Angelo, which I heard from coworker that the view from there of Rome is gorgeous (which it is). Then it's off to St.Peter's square where by 12:30, the security lines thinned for St.Peter's Basilica, so we waited for half an hour to get into the basilica - under the heat, when I say the security line thinned, it's relative...Still tons of people, everyone was drenched in sweat by the time we got in.

Took some lovely pics of the basilica dome and pieta before deciding we should walk to San Pietro train station. On our way there, we were accosted by a woman who first begged for money, then started tugging on my dad's t-shirt sleeve before she tried reaching into his pocket to steal his wallet. Luckily he had money belt, but you never thought these things could happen, so obvious too! We yelled at her to move away and she rushed away.

We got to the train station shaken a bit and found the earlier train was late, and we missed it, but the later train with less stops was delayed by only 10 minutes (which is actually great for Italy), and waited for that one instead (14:32 train).

Got back to Civitavecchia by 15:30 where we saw an Argo bus filled with people, the lady told us to buy the tickets in the coffee shop (which is why buying return tickets for Argo is a good idea). The filled to the brim Argo bus left, and we were picked up by a tour bus (surprisingly!), I thought it'll go directly to the ship but nope, despite what they said. We had to get off and transfer to the free shuttle.

At the port gates, the security came and checked everyone's cruise ID card, or if people got on in Rome, their travel documentation before letting us through.

We were back on board by 16:30. And I think that day's dinner was Shanghai? It was pretty good and we got a good seat.

Thanks for the info; looking forward to hearing more!

Would you suggest a later arrival to the port to have less of a wait boarding? Would the port bus be an option with large luggage?

No problem! I'm assuming you mean Barcelona? The Portbus is spacious so large luggage is doable. On embark day, there were people with large luggage on the bus with us, it just depends on how many people you have and whether you want to wheel large luggage around, if there's a lot of people, then taxi is better option :) The taxi charges 3.10 euros extra to go to port and airport, so if you're coming from airport to port, that's 6.20 euros.

As for whether to go later to avoid the crowd, I was a bit worried about embarking late so my parents and I arrived at around 1:30pm, which is the busiest time. You do have to be onboard a few hours before on your embark day, I think 2 hours is what NCL suggest? It depends on your comfort level, you could also consider going earlier to avoid the crowd, settle in and eat buffet!:D

Day 6 Livorno

Another bright and early day for us. This was difficult for us with 6 hour time difference, and I'm not totally over the jetlag yet as it had been go, go, go.

So for Livorno we woke at 6:00am and left the ship by 7:30am as NCL provides a shuttle for $15 USD/pp to the Livorno Centrale train station. When I walked off the ship, I did not see a taxi nor the port provided shuttle for cheaper. Maybe if I had walked further?? But regardless, this was the simplest option for us. They put a red sticker on your cruise card and they only accept cruise card as payment. We managed to make the 8:12am train (I think it was that one). The shuttle bus did not start until 7:30am but by 7:28am the bus had a full load of passengers and took off for the train station.

Once at the train station we bought return tickets, it was about 20 euros. Note that the stop you want to get off at for Florence is Firenze Santa Maria Novella. Again, we validated our tickets after searching around a bit, I find the validation machines a bit hard to spot...An hour and half or so later, we are at Florence. I'm thankful for Italian trains which had air conditioning and toilets (unlike SNCF, but that's another review for another port day).

We did the Rick Steves Renaissance Audio Tour - downloaded the app and the podcast prior to our trip. By the time we got to the Duomo, there's a lot of people, and we bumped into NCL tours. There are a lot of tour guides around - just a word about this, in Pompeii, we were stopped by the Italian police who checked our tour guide's license and asked about our citizenship, my dad bought a Canadian cap so the Italian police just said oh you're Canadian and did not give us any more trouble. Our tour guide afterwards told us it's normal for police to check the tour guide's license and it's to protect them so they continue to have a job.

We wandered around Duomo and Campanile and the Baptistery. It was a very beautiful church. We then walked over to Ponte Vecchio which also had amazing views. At this time we started thinking about souvenirs, we found a lovely little shop near Ponte Vecchio with an older couple who sold ties etc. which we got.

We found a lunch place and had amazing pasta. Now, every day our ritual is go to a restaurant for lunch, buy lunch, sit down, use their wifi and washrooms as NCL charges an arm and leg for internet.

We then decided to go back and try to find Eataly to buy some coffee for friends. Well, imagine the Italians' confusion when I asked them, "Bonjourno, where is Eataly?"...Eventually they understood and pointed us to the right direction.

We got our coffees and then headed back to train station to go to Pisa. For Italian trains, I believe for these types of trips, you have 6 hours from time of validation to be on the train, so we were able to make a side trip to Pisa on our way back from Florence.

We arrived at Pisa train station and then tried to find the LAM Red bus, it stopped in front of NH Hotel (which I think used to be Jolly Hotel). We waited, and waited for 20 minutes before the bus showed up. We managed to get to the tower by 15:00. Took some pictures before I started hurrying my dad saying we have to get back to the Pisa Centrale station, well, another long wait before the bus showed up (on the other side of the drop-off street).

An Italian lady was kind enough to ensure we were on the right bus and told us when we've arrived at the train station. Well, we just made the 16:32 train (I think it was that train), although we were worried we got on the wrong train as there was no one. But we arrived at Livorno centrale by 16:48, there was NCL staff in the train station directing us to the shuttle bus. I was scared of missing all-aboard time so we always came back early. The last shuttle bus was at 17:45...

We were back on the ship by 17:30. Dinner tonight was Noodle Bar, bleh, I can get better noddles from instant noodles, not to mention even the food court in Eaton Centre have better noodles...

Day 7 Cannes

So this day was a tender day. I booked my tender for 8am through iConcierge on Naples day in the evening - the earliest time you can book the tender. You can also book tender via the TV or Guest Services.

Breakfast at Garden Buffet this day was surprisingly not busy - compared to other days, I suppose because people have different tender times.

I was slowly adjusting to the time difference but wow the waters were rough in French territories, you can feel the cabin move up and down during the night.

So we headed to the tender and found out they've already tendered two boatloads of people to shore. So we are the third batch.

So we were in Cannes July 15th, the day after the attack on Nice. Our original plan was to go to Nice-ville. We did not know, NCL did not tell us, we only found out through people's messages etc. when we're onshore.

However, on the morning of July 15th, the train station in Cannes still sold tickets to Nice, but after waiting an hour, we found out a lot of trains were cancelled. And even if they were not, it would have been a bit uncertain about the trains' schedules. Although an elderly French couple told us the Nice attack should not affect the trains, but rather, SNCF have been doing constructions etc. which delayed the trains. But anyways, we figured most of the tourist sites would have been closed anyways, so we went to Antibes instead.

Antibes is a beautiful picturesque little French town. However, I did not do much homework as I planned on going to Nice so we dropped by Tourist Information centre first, found out there was a Petit Train (I think they have this in all of French cities) and decided to set off to find the train.

That took awhile as it's difficult to do without GPS guidance given we did not have coordinates, and relied on actual maps. But we eventually ended up in a market of some sort and grabbed some desserts (mille-feuille) from a bakery filled with people while we waited for the guy to come to sell tickets for the petit train.

Basically the petit train runs every hour on the hour for about an hour. When the guy finally showed us, he told us he would rather take the bus tour as it goes up the hill and goes to more places for the same price. Well, we listened to him but had trouble finding the bus stop. He told us Orange which we had no clue what he meant, eventually I found the bus stop, realizing Orange is the telecom company for France, and he meant there's a bus stop outside of the Orange kiosk.

The bus tour was good, they had excellent audio guides. After an hour, it's about lunch time and we headed back to the train station, and took the train to Cannes.

On the way to the train station, my mom told me afterwards a girl was first eyeing my dad's tote bag, then she followed me for a long time, but since I had a cross-body bag, and had a hat covering the zippers for my bag, she had trouble stealing, she disappeared after we entered the train station, I suppose her last ditched efforts would be before we entered the station. I did wonder why she stood so close to me, not realizing she was trying to steal. So yea, two incidents of almost theft in two different countries.

Back in Cannes, we again found a restaurant, close to the station, which also happened to be an internet bar which means...fast internet:cool:

Finally, it was so slow in other places. After we finished lunch, we walked along Cannes beach, took a ride up the Ferris Wheel for view of Cannes. and tried to take good pictures of the Epic, but it was rather far.

We headed back to the tender boat by 16h. NCL Freestyle Dailies told us the last tender was 4:45pm, but when the ship left the dock, we saw a last tender boat catching up to it, and the ship waited for the boat (this was after 6pm, which is when the ship left dock). I would suggest catching an earlier tender, as the later tender boats were filled to the brim with people coming back.

I think we either had Taste or Manhattan that day. But I remember Taste being freezing cold! The food was good, again we did not have desserts.

Edited by Seininya

Day 8 Marseille

Last port day! So the all aboard time is 3:30pm which means there's little time. For this day, we decided to go to Aix-en-Provence. Marseille port is also very industrial, and they offered $15 USD shuttle again to city centre, which we did not do this time. We instead wanted to take a bus (#35), I did hear of a free shuttle, but it did not start operating yet when we left the ship, which was 7:30am-ish, also not sure if it operated at all that day.

To find your way out of the port and to #35 bus, just follow the thick green line painted on the pavement. We did not realize this until we came back.

Eventually we found the bus stop (Môle Léon Gourret) and bought tickets from the driver (or you can do so from the machine), the bus takes you to Joliette station, you can use the bus ticket to enter the metro, then take the metro to Saint Charles station.

Saint Charles is a huge train station, and we saw a lot of police presence. We found out that a coach bus is cheaper and faster than the train, and have a bus leaving basically every 15 minutes, so we followed the signs for Gare Routiere (also in the train station), and found the Lignes Express Régionale bus (think it was #50 to Aix-en-Provence). It is air-conditioned, fast and relaxing, and in 30 minutes we were in Aix-en-Provence. This bus also had wifi! You buy tickets directly from the driver. I liked the bus better than the train as it had air-conditioning, contrary to SNCF trains :eek:

So for Aix-en-Provence we just wandered around Cours Mirabeau, Aix-en-Provence is again very quaint, very pretty little town, there were a lot of tourists in this town.

We headed back by 11:30am to catch the bus back to Marseille. We were able to get the #35 bus again but got off on the wrong stop (we got off a few stops later). A not-legit cab told us for 20 euros, he'll take us to port after we got lost, we literally could see the Epic ship but was unsure of how to get to it. The non-legit cab then took us to Vieux-port, which I had to frantically tell him that's the wrong way. Eventually we found our way back to the terminal entrance. In hindsight, we probably could have found our own way back without the cab's help.

We were onboard by 1:30pm and relaxed a bit finally enjoying lunch buffet in Garden Buffet.

Dinner that night was again at Shanghai, where I finally ate their green tea ice cream with red beans, it was good, as I had been craving it.

We enjoyed another show, the magician show. As we did not book it early enough, we were on standby, but basically everyone managed to get in. It was more of a comedy than a magic show I think.

After the show, it's to pack and get ready for our plane ride from Barcelona to Paris!

Note NCL charges $14.95 USD to check-in and print for 30 minutes, I think it was rather expensive. Luckily EasyJet allowed early check-in up to 30 days before the trip which we did instead.

Finally some pictures, I think I figured it out...

First Pic: Model of Sagrada Familia

Second Pic: Inside of Sagrada Familia - notice the beautiful lighting, Gaudi made amazing use of natural light

Third Pic: Ceiling of Sagrada Familia - believe this was based on forest?

Fourth Pic: Casa Mila/La Pedrera

13731665_10157057460650411_4648566694316362661_n.jpg.c4af0a0d90d424d9400abe7238bfd941.jpg

13775337_10157057464505411_5675770204773470816_n.jpg.efc899e83699d4056dbdbc9fb68006a2.jpg

13709755_10157057464615411_3020563858742710354_n.jpg.11ffdad547a6881a79265d8056a799db.jpg

13692788_10157057465255411_8854675359443173854_o.jpg.f8cd67166ad4bf15e90418d72418bf5f.jpg

Pictures from Naples/Pompeii/Sorrento/Positano

First Pic: Naples, view from Balcony

Second Pic: Theatre in Pompeii

Third Pic: View of Forum in Pompeii, with Mount Vesuvius in the background

Fourth Pic: View from our luncheon spot, Sorrento

Fifth Pic: Positano

13667962_10157057533035411_4296084835706366751_o.jpg.14de9eaaea8d36d7e64deb8b187f592f.jpg

13690719_10157057533120411_7104397345982012578_n.jpg.9da37cfc51bac94f313a422684605279.jpg

13707772_10157057559360411_4469079734162431557_n.jpg.cbe7539377b97d453fa7df3ddbf099a9.jpg

13709814_10157057540470411_3064215553536278477_n.jpg.48dd047065de9f6c74c3aaf05bdeac41.jpg

13710528_10157057559500411_5364361325500002080_o.jpg.7e19923671cd2f5e115fe89cba0253b7.jpg

More Rome and Vatican:

First Pic: Spanish Steps totally blocked off

Second Pic: Colosseum, the long lines...

Third Pic: View from St.Peter's Basilica towards St.Peter's Square

13696997_10157058333050411_2130576869702760886_n.jpg.68bfd3a47c6c9517534e78b9d52059f4.jpg

13730790_10157058364040411_3886493499165752486_o.jpg.3d11e455eab2e08646c8c48ccda696b1.jpg

13737711_10157058336845411_455922760793083692_o.jpg.fd7f938228775832cd7fbaf056abe211.jpg

Edited by Seininya

Antibes and Cannes

First Pic: Road in Antibes

Second Pic: Top of the hill in Antibes

Third Pic: Bus tour took us along the beach in Antibes

Fourth Pic: View of Antibes from top of the hill

Last Pic: View of Cannes from top of ferris wheel

13782186_10157058402055411_4355023713028726456_n.jpg.159c5141ddfd054a02336a8e97acca5b.jpg

13754237_10157058404825411_5211939767483058090_n.jpg.ac9c701024fa07552ef77acbec28b5a9.jpg

13775842_10157058402070411_4141847777084018121_n.jpg.6df5dc9e512635d3678c4924d6b4f1da.jpg

13781725_10157058404845411_2882838453058227229_n.jpg.33a04168c24757db21ce3374b7ce40c0.jpg

13729028_10157058407140411_122962007275475449_n.jpg.2029b6bfa727e9c3f5ebfa1cb3d82d27.jpg

Disembark Day:

Well, it was the end of our cruise (but not of my trip). We opted for just walking off the ship instead of hold luggage. NCL did suggest leaving before 9am to avoid the crowd in the gangways so we left at 7:30am.

The buffet was again packed this day. We were packed the night before so just leisurely enjoyed our breakfast before walking off the ship. They do swipe your cruise card one more time to ensure that you have left.:rolleyes:

All in all, a wonderful cruise. Our stateroom was kept immaculately clean by our steward, Ed, and he made towel animals four times.

The buffet plates were always cleared right away - dare I say sometimes too eagerly by the waiters?

As for the food, note that we did not eat any specialty restaurants:

Garden Buffet: B+

Taste: B (freezing cold in that dining room, food was so-so).

Manhattan: A-

Shanghai: B+

Noodle Bar: C

Shows:

Burn the Floor: A

Magic Show: B

Gym:

Yep, I made use of it, it's much better than what I expected, like an actual Good Life gym:).

We settled our bill the night before as we did not want the horrible exchange rate to CAD $ by NCL. And prepaid our gratuities before the trip, so it was a rather small bill.

We bid adieu to NCL Epic one more time and headed for the Portbus. Which when we asked NCL staff in the parking lot of the cruise terminal they said doesn't start until 8am/8:30am, which was not true as I could have sworn as I was coming down the elevators that there was a flash of blue bus.

We waited a bit as our flight is not until 1pm. So my dad went to ask about taxi price, I think it is now 39 euros. But lo and behold, the Portbus arrived at 7:45am and we hopped on, the bus was nearly empty and it drove us to Christopher Colombus Monument, we walked to Drassanes and took the metro line 3 up to Sants Estacio (which we confirmed with the Port bus driver), we then transferred to RENFE train to airport (R2 Nord).

We asked a lady if we're on the right train as again we dashed on, she did say yes, and later on when we got to El Prat Estacio station she motioned for us to get off as I later figured out, the RENFE train branches, and our train did not go to airport. So we waited in the station for the next train that did go to airport and was there by 10am. All in all, costs 13 euros for three people versus 39 euros by taxi or the exorbitant prices charged by NCL, so if your flight is not super early, and you have time, this is one option.

We were able to clear security quickly, however, EasyJet was another matter, for a two hour flight, a delay of one hour is kind of bad :mad:

And yep, we're shuttled a total of 5 metres from the gate to the plane. But we got to Paris by 4pm.

Taxi ride to hotel was 50 euros, it was fixed cost. Good thing too as we're stuck in traffic for a bit, surprising for Sunday afternoon. We opted for taxi as otherwise we were not able to meet my mom's friend on time.

My later posts will be about Paris.