Coral or Star to Alaska

justjan2

We are port side in a minisuite on the Emerald deck as well (did you like the cabin?)- for the viewing, I'm looking on the deck plans (ok, I can get lost in a mall) looks like the promanade deck 7 is just below, is that a good spot for viewing??? My sister is somewhat handicapped and don't know if she can walk up the stairs to the upper deck forward, so what is a good deck to view from if this is the case? Thanks in advance :)

All the commentary going into Glacier Bay is oriented to the port side so your balcony should be good for viewing. Also, the Emerald balconies are completely covered so you would be protected from rain.. We spent most of our time on the Promenade Deck as you could walk all the way around except for the bow area where you do have to go up stairs to access this area. The Promenade deck was not crowded-sometimes we were the only ones there and it is covered so you are protected from the elements. There are also deck chairs that you could sit in. You are closer to the water so it is supposed to be better for photographs. As mentioned, you may want to check with guest services to see if there is an area set aside for persons with disabilities. We did go up to the top deck for viewing also, it was way more crowded but the 360 degree view was nice.

This makes me worry so much every time I see people saying I'd go w/ the Coral any day - I'm glad yall like the ship, but now, I'm so worried about going on the Star next May, I'm going on the Star b/c it works out better for my time frame - Can someone say why they wouldn't go on the Star? I'm not writing this to sound mean, I'm just so worried :eek:

Stop worrying. Two years ago I was on a large ship...Golden Princess to Alaska. I loved that ship, it is large compared to Coral. We enjoyed going into Glacier Bay and had no trouble viewing and enjoyed the day.

So, please do not worry You will enjoy your cruise. We are on the Star next May 27 as well. I am looking forward to being on the larger ship! :)

Stop worrying. Two years ago I was on a large ship...Golden Princess to Alaska. I loved that ship, it is large compared to Coral. We enjoyed going into Glacier Bay and had no trouble viewing and enjoyed the day.

So, please do not worry You will enjoy your cruise. We are on the Star next May 27 as well. I am looking forward to being on the larger ship! :)

True! Thank you for your response. I sail as well on May 27th :)

This makes me worry so much every time I see people saying I'd go w/ the Coral any day - I'm glad yall like the ship, but now, I'm so worried about going on the Star next May, I'm going on the Star b/c it works out better for my time frame - Can someone say why they wouldn't go on the Star? I'm not writing this to sound mean, I'm just so worried :eek:

hollen, enjoy your cruise. We get on the Star May 13th.

Marty

Edited by nasa1974