Do you have to book the entertainment?

Just noticed a couple of shows on NCL Epic and says booking advisable. We don't usually know until the actual day what way our plans are going to be and whether we attend shows or not but this looks like we would need to pre-book? Any advice would be great. Thank you.

Well, it depends on how badly you want to see the shows, I guess?

If you don't book, then there's always that chance (no matter how slim) that it will be all booked up the night you decide you want to go. So if you really, really want to see a particular show, then it's probably a wise idea to go ahead and book it. You could always change the reservation on board, if need be.

However, I'm the "go with the flow" type, too...so like you, I never know what I want to do on which night. Therefore, I usually don't pre-book any of the entertainment (except for the dinner theatre show) and I've never had an issue with getting into any show I want to see.

Hope that helps. :)

On the mega ships, probably yes, but not on the older ones.

Unless reservations are suggested.

Not to discredit what you're saying, but I thought I'd add that I've only been on the megaships and never needed a reservation.

However, as I said before, OP, if there's a show that you really want to see, the safe bet would be to go ahead and book it and then change the date once on board, if you need to. Better safe than sorry, but I wouldn't worry too much.

You can book on board (from your cabin TV, using the touchscreens around the ship, on the smartphone app, or directly at the box office), on the morning or afternoon before the show, if you know what your evening plans are by then. If you prefer not to plan even a few hours ahead, show up 20 minutes or so before the show and wait to get in standby. If you turn up at showtime without a reservation, after they have let the standby people in, the venue is likely to be full.

Can I ask a question regarding shows. How far in advance do you book? Thank you

NCL allows you to make reservations 90 prior to cruise sail date, 100 days if you're booked in the Haven/Suite area. So anytime between 90 and 1 day you can book.

I haven't usually booked, but for our upcoming Escape cruise I've booked a couple of dinners in a complimentary dining venue and a couple of shows. However, on the Getaway last summer we only booked Illusionarium (fee based show) because of the charge(I wanted to payoff as many pre trip expenses as possible). We didn't have any issues seeing shows or getting seated for dining(complimentary) during our trip. I didn't even book excursions before boarding.