Help choosing excursion in Juneau

frostyeric

My wife and I will be on Northbound HAL Noordam in September. We've never been to Alaska and will be with my parents who have done this cruise one before. I can't decide between Harv and Marv's whale watching excursion or a Helicopter glacier landing trip. Can I get some help from the friendly folks here? We can't do anything extremely active or rugged because of my parents, so a glacier climb would be out. A walk around should be fine though.

On our May 31 cruise we did a glacier landing with Coastal Helicopters. THE experience of a lifetime. Can not recommend it high enough. First class company from start to finish. Once on the glacier you can walk as much or little as you desire. They give you shoes that help walking on the ice. No problems.

My brother and wife did the whale watching trip with Harv and Marv's. Enjoyed it and saw whales closer than you do on the ship.

Do the glacier landing. An experience I will remember on my death bed. Totally incredible. Reservations in advance are probably required.

There is a poll feature available on these boards. These tours are equally excellent, and purely a personal choice. It there is a "group" then take a vote. If it truly doesn't matter, draw from a hat.

If you happen to have a full day, why not just do both? There must be interests for your selection to already be narrowed down to these two?

These both are consistently raved about tours, with a LOT of recommendations of being "must do" by some. They are tours I do repeatedly, based on my preferences. Maybe take a look at some You tube etc, and figure out what YOUR group's preferences are perhaps?

Just returned and we did a whale watch in Juneau. It was amazing! I didn't want to do a flight for a few reasons, but a big one was that I wanted my excursions to be a sure thing. Flights get cancelled frequently and I didn't want to deal with that.