Dream Review 7/17/16 sailing

Razor_Poke

How many times a day did your room steward service your room? Were you 'given' a choice?

I don't know actually. My wife met the SRA while I was out of the room. She recalls that he asked what time we would like the room cleaned and explained his working hours. She settled on 11 am since we would likely be out by then every day. There was no card offered but that may be because he was having a conversation about it.

We asked him to please do a towel refresh in the evening since we all showered at different times. He did this as asked. Not that it matters but once he changed the sofa to a bed, it stayed set that way the entire week.

Also, to the best of my knowledge there wasn't a magician. Seems like on past cruises there was always at least an upclose magician if not a full blown stage act.

In my experience there is usually something like a variety show type act. Either a magician or a juggler in addition to a comedian. Who also may host a burlesque show. It's not always a magician but sometimes they are a jack of all trades.

Roatan had one other ship in port that day at Coxen Hole but we didn't it didn't feel crowded. We booked the Tabyana Beach day through the ship. Decent people mover bus. The driver did not do any narration along the way. This is a very poor area so you kind of feel bad for them.

The beach was great with shaded chairs and plenty of security and bar service. The onsite lunch was tasty. They had free tea and lemonade available all day.

Best Snorkeling we've ever done. We went out twice. The first time, we were a little lost so we grabbed one of the guys on the kayaks to show us around. He took us to the "wall" and over to the rock. He would point out some things along the way. I gave him a nice tip and we felt good going it alone on the next session.

The vendors are very aggressive. A nice "no thank you" works but sometimes they ask your name and if will suggest "maybe later". One thing we got suckered into was a guy came along with a monkey on a leash. My daughter was all over it but as expected for the low price of $10, you could get your picture taken with the monkey.:D

We left about 2 and got back with some time to explore the shops in Mahogany Bay. It's a beautiful place and I recommend getting away from MB and seeing some more of the island.

Thanks for the info! I am going on this cruise with these same ports Aug 14th. We will be doing the Tabyana/Gumbalimba excursion in Roatan so I was curious about how much is a good tip for the guide to take you to a good snorkeling spot? Thanks!

> Apparently, the photog "slapped" at the ladies hand / iPhone as she was attempting to take the photo

Oh boy. It takes a lot to make me mad but seeing someone slap at a lady, especially my wife, will set me right off. Just ain't right.

Thanks for the thing about the vendors and the guy with the monkey. I'm going there to snorkel with my niece and I'll give her the heads-up so she knows not to engage them, and if she wants a monkey pic we'll get it at a bargain price or not at all :)

Thanks for the info! I am going on this cruise with these same ports Aug 14th. We will be doing the Tabyana/Gumbalimba excursion in Roatan so I was curious about how much is a good tip for the guide to take you to a good snorkeling spot? Thanks!

There were 3 of us. I tipped him $40 but that seems a little generous. I'd think a $20 for a small group would be fine, maybe $10 for an individual.

He did remember my name the rest of the day :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello fellow cruiser! We are taking our 3rd cruise with Carnival after saying we'd never go with anyone other than Princess. :)

I have 3 excursions planned;

Mahogany Bay Day on the beach with snorkeling - 50.00 for couple - 4 stars

Belize Lamanai Mayan Ruins , includes lunch - 90.00 PER PERSON 5 stars

Cozumel Passion Island all inclusive - 69.00 - loved it two years ago!

I appreciate any feedback before I press "buy"

We have the spa room package, love it last time as well. Did you talk to anyone who ate at the steak house?

Thanks for your review....49 days until we sail! :p

Not that it matters but once he changed the sofa to a bed, it stayed set that way the entire week

That is kind of cheesy....and it would bother me not to be put away in the morning and then pulled out at night. Fortunately we don't travel with the kids anymore so don't need the sofa bed.