Yeti or Similar Cup on Board

Daddyrob81

Random question for y'all.

Has anybody used or had issues using the Yeti cups when trying to get water or soda (if you have the package) from the bar? Recently traveled with one to an all-inclusive resort and they didn't mind, even making "adult beverages" in them as well.

I just happen to drink a lot more than those smaller plastic cups provide and don't feel like making constant trips back to the bar for cold water or soda, would just rather get the larger cup filled once.

"Officially" the servers at the bars are not supposed to fill up cups such as yours even if you have an unlimited package. So don't be surprised if some turn you down. If you become friends with a server or two (i.e. you tip a little), you'll probably find they will do it for you. If they won't, you may have to pour their cup into yours and then ask for another one if needed. It's hit and miss how it will work from bar to bar and server to server.

I've seen the bartenders use the fountain to fill such cups. But, I can understand why this would not be allowed. When asking for ice, I've only seen them fill a clean cup.

Worst case scenario, they pour you two cups of soda and you fill the Yeti yourself.