No Longer Serve Lobster Tail?

danny8826

Thanks, I have the steak menu down, one of the best things offered by carnival and great value.

I was thinking the MDR menu was easily accessible somewhere.

It is accessible on the Carnival site. Though not exactly "easy". You click on, explore our ships, then dining, and keep clicking on dining and snack options, FACS, etc.. When you click on the steakhouse they show a menu, and it clearly states Maine lobster on 2 of 3 options. There is also a sample MDR menu. These directions aren't exact. There is so much clicking around, some on the left side of page, that it is hard to say exactly how to do it. But, if you have the patience it can be done.:)

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry, I disagree. I've seen them serve a Maine lobster and it's huge (from the Steakhouse). I'm a diver and have gotten many spiny lobsters and they are the same, just like the one I bought at Publix today.

I have seen both maine lobster tails and rock lobster tails (spiny) in both the MDR and Steakhouse on different occasions. I have never seen a whole lobster on any cruiseline. You have to keep them alive before you boil them, so just logistically I dont think it would be possible.

All the big tails I have seen have been rock lobster, just because usually 1 3/4 or 2lb maine lobsters fetch a premium and wouldnt go to the frozen tail market. The rock lobster isnt bad, just a little less sweet and more meaty/chewy than Maine.