On Infinity now through Jul 31.

hnet999

Only one chic night on a 7 night cruise? You were there and I wasn't so not suggesting you are wrong, but this is very unusual. To date, my understanding (and experience) is that chic nights replaced the old formal nights which were always twice per 7 night cruise. I wonder if for some reason that particular sailing was different? I would personally still plan for 2 chic nights on a 7 night cruise just in case (for me that 'planning' may just involve wearing the same outfit as the first time:))

Ya i was surprised about that. On Ketchikan night we did have the menu with lobster tail and beef wellington which i believe is usually a chic night menu.

"you HAVE to go see the Honda Celebration of Light fireworks. (Google it).

My advice if you go, don't buy seats - you'll be able to walk down in front of the bleacher area just before fireworks start and find a place. Only lasts about 25 minutes but it's amazing"

Yes, I agree, it's amazing but it is also a zoo of people. Do not take a cab you will get caught in traffic. Walk. And it is some distance for many from downtown. If you are not comfortable with a 20 minute or more walk (depending on your hotel) plan to go early to get into the area and to get a spot. Expect some extended time to get out of the crowds after.

In other news, do go to Stanley Park, visit the Aquarium, one of the top 3 in the world and see the lovely whales, sea otters and other great creatures. Walk the sea wall around the park. It is 7 miles of sea wall (you can just walk a section) and many rent a bike to go around. Have fish n chips and an ice cream in the park. We locals do.

Visit Granville Island and look at the funky shops. Eat seafood. Our sushi is great. Our restaurants are sensitive to sustainability and serve only ocean wise certified.

Like world class Contemporary Art? Book a visit to the Rennie Gallery in Chinatown, you must book a tour but you can do it on line and it's free.

China town is fun and the second largest in North America after San Francisco. Visit the Sun Yat Sen Chinese Garden.

Like heights? Take the bus to Whistler (this is a day trip out of town) and ride the gondola way up high!

Take the 'sea bus' to North Vancouver (an easy walk from the cruise pier to the station) and visit Lonsdale Quay. Shops and fun restaurants and a great view of downtown Vancouver and the cruise port with your ship.

History? Visit the University of BC Museum of Anthropology and learn about our local first nations.

Botanical Gardens? University of BC and Van Deusen, both exceptional. Like trees? visit the Capilano Suspension Bridge and walk among our tall forest giants (there is a free shuttle bus from downtown).

Come again!

Would love to see them. My cruise is coming up in 2 weeks though.

We would also love to see the dailies. We sail btb 0n 9/11 and 9/18. Were there any special events or sail aways for Suite guests?

Edited by mtgmentsch

Still waiting for someone to post the Alaska dailies for the Infinity. Cruise in just over a week now. Lots of promises on here but no follow through.

I would love to see yours when you get back if nobody posts them first.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have all the dailies from Infinity from July 24-31. I will scan and post as a downloadable PDF file in the next couple of days.

Wonderful, still awaiting your promise of the daileys. Is there anything you suggest that we do or don't do?

I was on the same cruise. There was only 1 chic night and it was on the 2nd night of the cruise.

When we booked for 2017, we were told that it is a much more relaxed cruise due to getting into one port after 8 pm and another at 10 pm.

I would love to see yours when you get back if nobody posts them first.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'd love to. I always bring them home. All I'll need is someone to tell me how to do it. I have asked and asked about dailies for Infinity and it has been frustrating not to find any.

With that type of post I would not expect too many to go out of their way to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Have asked and asked nicely. Frustrated now as our cruise is the 21st. I had a particular reason for needing (not just wanting) to see them ahead of time.

If you have a particular question I would be happy to answer. I can read the ones that I posted.

Hi I have a question about the ports. At our ports of call for the Celebrity Infinity is everything in walking distance from the ship? We love to take our time and just walk around to see the villages and sights. Does the ship dock close enough that we can go off on our own to sight see?? Thank you so much in advance.

Hi I have a question about the ports. At our ports of call for the Celebrity Infinity is everything in walking distance from the ship? We love to take our time and just walk around to see the villages and sights. Does the ship dock close enough that we can go off on our own to sight see?? Thank you so much in advance.

Yes for each. Ketchikan and Juneau docks are in the thick of the tourist areas. Creek street in Ketchikan is about 1/3 of a mile away from dock through a tourist area.

Juneau is right downtown.

Hoonah - the cruise dock area has a museum great gift shop and excursions desk. The village of hoonah is about a mile away on a well maintained trail that goes by the sea. Where you can often see whales. Tourists are very welcome in hoonah and the locals are extremely friendly.

Yes for each. Ketchikan and Juneau docks are in the thick of the tourist areas. Creek street in Ketchikan is about 1/3 of a mile away from dock through a tourist area.

Juneau is right downtown.

Hoonah - the cruise dock area has a museum great gift shop and excursions desk. The village of hoonah is about a mile away on a well maintained trail that goes by the sea. Where you can often see whales. Tourists are very welcome in hoonah and the locals are extremely friendly.

DanaDanes thank you so much. This helps tons. We love to just go off by ourselves and see what we can find. Not that we don't like the ships shore excursions but on this cruise would like to "seek and find". I just was not sure if the ship docked within walking distance. Thanks again:)