On Infinity now through Jul 31.

hnet999

I would have to agree with DanaDanes (whose thread while onboard was amazing ... was must reading everyday)

MickyLive is great and the coffee shop is a favorite for sure.

DanaDanes ... is the Helipad for the Hubbard open to everyone or an invite only thing? Thx

Edited by hnet999

Hnet - it is open to all but can be a little hard to find. You go through the theater upstairs and behind the stage. It gets quite crowded. Go early for some cool pics, then hit the open decks is my advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thx. Any other tips you have would be greatly appreciated.

We are doing whale watching today in Icy Point. (Ship excursion)

In Juneau, Mendenhall Glacier canoe, trek and ice caves (BeyondAK.com )

And

In Ketchikan, Floatplane and bear watching adventure (ship excursion).

What do you think of those choices?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thx. Any other tips you have would be greatly appreciated.

We are doing whale watching today in Icy Point. (Ship excursion)

In Juneau, Mendenhall Glacier canoe, trek and ice caves (BeyondAK.com )

And

In Ketchikan, Floatplane and bear watching adventure (ship excursion).

What do you think of those choices?

I was in Icy Straight last year and we did the whale watching and it was unbelievable! Such a great time and we saw so many whales that were surface feeding right by the side of our boat. Have fun!

Also try the restaurant on the water there - it's delicious!

We had a great whale watching adventure in icy point straight as well.. My pro tip for that area is when you get back go to the little mini donuts stand. They were incredibly delicious

We also did a tour through above and beyond. The ice caves were a true highlight. Some of the folks on our boat had their kayak trip canceled because of wind on the lake. Keep yourself open to the hike you can do there instead, which will not get canceled. They leave from the same place.

We're renting a car in Juneau and meeting the tour at the canoe drop in point. Then driving up the coast to the Shrine of St Therese and then, time permitting, to Eagle Beach park to try and see bears catching salmon where to creeks combine. (Fingers crossed).

So excited to follow along. We will be doing this cruise exactly a year from now. I hope the Lights Festival in Vancouver is starting beforehand because we will spend a few days there pre cruise. I've been hemming and hawing between Solstice and Infinity and ultimately decided on infinity. We are also about same age and mostly Royal cruisers and will be in a sky suite so your review will be spot on. Excursions are similar to what we are looking at too. so far I love your pics and feeling good about my decision. Have an awesome rest of the trip!

Misc shots:

Panorama of pool from deck above (11) leaving Vancouver.

e37967477408301c64c7c9be20cd7ecb.jpg

Not sure if I already uploaded this from about an hour outside Vancouver. Will post this one higher resolution.

172e5d5b694dd8c7f3c4909c17266793_thumb.jpg

Celler Masters with Sushi on 5 behind.

0ae18891540f465436aac48ff27a7ac1.jpg

Passing through Chatham Strait this morning en route to Icy Strait Point this afternoon.

Overcast with huge patches of fog. Light drizzle. But we managed a comfy spot in the solarium. Missing the sun from yesterday, but hey, this is Alaska after all!

1dff3ce0eed6d2f6af9ebac742c3a7c6.jpgb62d1b54fde1bd0db51a16b91c585e78_thumb.jpg

How did you like the Tuscan Grille? After Infinity was refurbished, they changed the menu. Due to complaints about extra charges on aged steaks, etc., they mentioned they would change the menu in July 2016. Do you have pictures of both pages of the menu?

We are going next year and can't wait!

I'm really enjoying your review and so glad you got such a great day to sail out of Vancouver. That is great advice to those here this week, to see the fireworks. You are right, they are amazing. We nearly lost them a few years back when Benson & Hedges was not allowed to be the sponsor any more. thankfully Honda stepped in and saved the day.

Love the review. We are taking he cruise in 5 1/2 weeks, so I want to hear all about your experience.

Enjoy the Sky Suite. We were hooked after the first time. It's not necessarily the room, but the service. You are truly treated like a VIP. (The best part is priority check in and boarding. I will do almost anything to avoid long lines.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mickey is a speaker. In Alaska he does a "real Alaska" series about the places you see and visit. History, flora:fauna, hikes, etc.

he is also great with tech and photos and you can submit pics to him - if you do 3, you'll get a cd with all the participants pics at the end of the cruise.

Beyond that, he's an awesome very interesting and approachable human!