Lunch options on the Vista.

pamrose228

What do the serve at cucinos for lunch and bbq.

I don't think we will have BBQ on the TA? I thought that was only available when back in the US? (to be added later along with the 'hot dog stand' in Sportsquare?)

In regard to La Cucina - they have a great pasta bar type lunch - you will be handed a sheet of paper and you can choose your type of pasta, preferred sauce and other additions such as chicken/shrimp, and all sorts of veggies!

You can also 'tick' off if you want a Caesar salad or bread.

This will be prepared for you and brought to your table.

(see here: https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/explore/dining/menus/captains-pasta-bar-menu.ashx )

I find this area is pretty empty for the first few days until everyone else finds it! :D:D

Edited by Froufie

I don't think we will have BBQ on the TA? I thought that was only available when back in the US? (to be added later along with the 'hot dog stand' in Sportsquare?)

In regard to La Cucina - they have a great pasta bar type lunch - you will be handed a sheet of paper and you can choose your type of pasta, preferred sauce and other additions such as chicken/shrimp, and all sorts of veggies!

You can also 'tick' off if you want a Caesar salad or bread.

This will be prepared for you and brought to your table.

(see here: https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/explore/dining/menus/captains-pasta-bar-menu.ashx )

I find this area is pretty empty for the first few days until everyone else finds it! :D:D

The BBQ place is currently there but it will not flip to Guys' until it gets to the states.

No Guys...OH NO. I really wish they served traditiinal MDR lunch a few days. Tell me about the salad bar.

I think there is a Guys burgers but not the Guys Pig & Anchor BBQ. Deck plans show it has a Fat Jimmy's Sea Side BBQ that will be revamped to Guys BBQ later.

And I have to echo Froufie's post about Cucinos Italian. Great place that is not to busy because most people can't find it. Good Food.

Edited by HawkIVette

I think there is a Guys burgers but not the Guys Pig & Anchor BBQ. Deck plans show it has a Fat Jimmy's Sea Side BBQ that will be revamped to Guys BBQ later.

And I have to echo Froufie's post about Cucinos Italian. Great place that is not to busy because most people can't find it. Good Food.

Yes. Sorry. I meant flipping to Guys BBQ.

Too bad Guys BBQ does not carry ribs. What is a smokehouse bbq without ribs?

Did you read this?

Quoted from the article below........

Pig & Anchor, which is free to all passengers, also serves side dishes like cole slaw, mac and cheese, baked beans and collard greens as well as Fieri's signature barbecue sauces. One item that's missing? Ribs, which Fieri joked was the source of some "fist fights."

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7149

Edited by HawkIVette

Did you read this?

Quoted from the article below........

Pig & Anchor, which is free to all passengers, also serves side dishes like cole slaw, mac and cheese, baked beans and collard greens as well as Fieri's signature barbecue sauces. One item that's missing? Ribs, which Fieri joked was the source of some "fist fights."

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7149

I won't argue or bet my bottom dollar but why would ribs cause fist fights any more than any other food? I would wager a nickel, it's more like the cost factor (ships usully have ribs on one or two days when not in port and I don't see any more fist fights but maybe I'm just blind. I'll ask again in good humor. What is a smokehouse or bbq place without baby backs?

I won't argue or bet my bottom dollar but why would ribs cause fist fights any more than any other food? I would wager a nickel, it's more like the cost factor (ships usully have ribs on one or two days when not in port and I don't see any more fist fights but maybe I'm just blind. I'll ask again in good humor. What is a smokehouse or bbq place without baby backs?

Oh, I agree with you about the ribs.

I took it as maybe Guy was about to throw the punches as Carnival didn't let him have ribs on the menu. Probably the cost of good ribs was too much for Carnival to give out free.

I don't consider the ribs they serve in the MDR "good ribs".

No Guys...OH NO. I really wish they served traditiinal MDR lunch a few days. Tell me about the salad bar.

Besides there being a salad bar on Serenity on sea days, there is also a good salad bar on the buffet. Most days, our lunch is from this salad bar and they have a good selection.

Pat