Escape Haven Sun Deck

rojoand8

Yes, there are waiters who will take drink orders. There are also snacks (pineapple kabobs, brownies, for ex.) that are brought around for you to sample.

Vibe passes aren't "needed" since kids usually aren't on the sundeck. They usually stay at the Haven pool.

If the wait staff are not coming around as often as you would like you can take the Haven elevator directly to the bar, get a drink and be back up on the sun deck in no time.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I would get the Vibe pass if doing it all over again.

I've cruised in Haven suites several times and I was expecting on the Escape that there would be a bar up on the upper level sundeck as is on the Epic type ships.

The upper sun deck on the Escape is really small and no bar up there. Like really, really small that you have to (gasp!) get up early and save a chair small!!

There is a waiter......like 1 waiter for all 200 Haven guests and he does take drink orders and then goes to the one and only bar in the Haven main lounge which is 2 floors down. It does take awhile to get your drink.

Or like the pp said, you can take the elevator down 2 floors instead and go to the bar yourself.

But my expectation is a Haven sundeck with plenty of loungers, a bar really close AND a waiter. Now, on the Escape, you have to pay for a Vibe pass if you want that.

Oh my! Now I might rethink. By the time it comes to purchasing THE passes, DH's surprise will be had and he may have the last voice as to weather we spend the extra money. He'll still be recovering from the amount spent for The Haven. I wish they could be bought on line. That way I could put them on my "secret" credit card to hide the Haven purchase. Married 47 years and I've never been this sneaky.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Vibe pass, in general, is a waste of money. And especially so in the Havens. The Haven's sundeck is literally 1" from the Vibe (just a partition between the two) and actually goes up to the bow.

You can go the bar and back in 3-5 minutes. Probably about the same as walking to the Vibe bar.