Empress of the Seas ~ July 28, 2016 ~ C&A Takeover Cruise!

Where has original OP been?? (and don't say on the ship!!!! LOL. He has not posted here.

He's doing a blog on the Royal Caribbean Facebook page. I can't post a link here, you will have to look it up. I tried to post it, but it wouldn't let me.

Gwen :)

I just got home from this cruise today, too. Michael Poole was definitely on the ship, as was cruiseboy(Erik). They posted many, many photos on social media - instagram, twitter and some Facebook. I am sure they will be along shortly to share their experiences. The #EmpressOTStakeover committee kept them very busy, and I am sure they are completely exhausted.

If you have fb you can search EmpressOTStakeover in the searchable to see their updates.

We are just off Empress on the 28th--no freestyle machines. Dining room is same as many dining rooms-Good, not so good and why did you dress like that! We also had ac issues in our cabin--reported several days in a row--we were issued a fan and a 15% future cruise credit.....

Edited by taxgal

I just got home from this cruise today, too. Michael Poole was definitely on the ship, as was cruiseboy(Erik). They posted many, many photos on social media - instagram, twitter and some Facebook. I am sure they will be along shortly to share their experiences. The #EmpressOTStakeover committee kept them very busy, and I am sure they are completely exhausted.

If you have fb you can search EmpressOTStakeover in the searchable to see their updates.

Yes, we were both on. I'll be posting my pics soon. Just trying to catch up with life on land. :eek:

Yes the hashtag for fb and instagram is #EmpressOTSTakeover, you will come across several of our photos and post.

I was on this sailing, lot of fun. Just got back last night, needed today to recover :cool:. I thought the ship was in pretty good condition, obviously some signs of age and not at all modern with very few state of the art amenities but just fine for a long weekend drinking cruise. I have a photo-laden detailed adventure review upcoming, hopefully beginning later this week that I cannot wait to get started on. I am also looking forward to seeing cruiseboy's review.

I was on this sailing, lot of fun. Just got back last night, needed today to recover :cool:. I thought the ship was in pretty good condition, obviously some signs of age and not at all modern with very few state of the art amenities but just fine for a long weekend drinking cruise. I have a photo-laden detailed adventure review upcoming, hopefully beginning later this week that I cannot wait to get started on. I am also looking forward to seeing cruiseboy's review.

I honestly hardly noticed any signs of age. Everything on board felt fresh and new.

I honestly hardly noticed any signs of age. Everything on board felt fresh and new.

Well, yeah most everything was in good shape with the recent drydock but a lot of state of the art amenities just aren't there on a ship of that size or age. Like CD Carlos said, it is the smallest ship but the one with a big heart. I have said it myself that small, older ships have a certain character that newer megaships don't and we should enjoy them as long as they are around. A few things looked worn out but the ship itself was enjoyable, just don't expect the amenities of an Oasis on the Empress. I did like it. Better than I expected it to be honestly with some of the bad reviews it had gotten lately. I can't wait to get my review started, I love writing about my cruise experiences.