On Hold Expires in 24 hours

FeelingCruisy

We booked 2 cruises Tuesday. Today one says Booked while another says On Hold

Expires in 24 hours

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Looks like you clicked hold rather than book, easy to do, you should be able to now click book, otherwise give them a ring.

deposit already taken out for both.. not sure what's going on anymore.. just looking at this stupid thing and now I can't sleep! bah hum bug!! :D

Well if deposits taken sound like all is OK but ring them.

I think it's their stellar website. I have one that was booked months ago, and is paid in full. I went in yesterday to book dining no problem. But it says it's on hold ....

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

deposit already taken out for both.. not sure what's going on anymore.. just looking at this stupid thing and now I can't sleep! bah hum bug!! :D

I would double check and then check at least 3 more times with them via the phone and ask for email confirmation of the booking date, times, sail dates and anything else you are expecting.

Very very Long story cut short here : Celeb tried to get us to pay close to £12,000 on a 2 week B2B cruise for our honeymoon after claiming we only booked for 7 days and not the 14 day cruise that we asked for on the phone. Phone call recording evidence proving our side of the story mysteriously was missing.

So my advice is check absolute everything you can to confirm the booking and prices you have are 100% correct.

blizzardboy : It was very past midnight when I was checking, and the TA is closed of course. I figure I'll probably get a quicker answer here. Anyway...

Just to update everyone, my TA just emailed me and below is her note, will keep an eye for it in the next few days:

You are receiving the message that your reservation is On Hold due to a glitch in Royal Caribbean and Celebrity’s system. Some reservations, even if they are paid in full, will show as “on hold”. We have contacted Celebrity to let them know that you are seeing this message and your reservation will show as confirmed/booked within 24-48 hours.

blizzardboy : It was very past midnight when I was checking, and the TA is closed of course. I figure I'll probably get a quicker answer here. Anyway...

Just to update everyone, my TA just emailed me and below is her note, will keep an eye for it in the next few days:

You are receiving the message that your reservation is On Hold due to a glitch in Royal Caribbean and Celebrity’s system. Some reservations, even if they are paid in full, will show as “on hold”. We have contacted Celebrity to let them know that you are seeing this message and your reservation will show as confirmed/booked within 24-48 hours.

I didn't intend to sound snarky. There are some things that even if a poster has a plausible explanation, the gospel truth comes from the cruise line or your TA. I felt this was in that category.