Back to back cruise

DiscoSteve

We are doing a back to back cruise in and out of Fort Lauderdale and have the same cabin for both weeks. We are thinking of upgrading to a different cabin for the first week and will be keeping the original one for the second week. What will this entail with regards change over day i.e. will we have to fully pack and disembark or would our second week cabin be ready to move into. How does this work with regards luggage?

Has anyone any recent experience of this.

Many Thanks

Steve and Ann

I haven't done a B2B Cruise yet so I'm jealous.

Recommend you do a quick search here in the Celebriity forum. This question has been asked and discussed many times. Most folks use B2B for back to back

Edited by Tommy3putts

You would definitely have to disembark, but once cleared by customs and immigration, could immediately really reboard the ship. As far as packing up, you would pack all from your drawers and bathroom. The steward would move that along with anything hanging over to your new cabin.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

We are doing a back to back cruise in and out of Fort Lauderdale and have the same cabin for both weeks. We are thinking of upgrading to a different cabin for the first week and will be keeping the original one for the second week. What will this entail with regards change over day i.e. will we have to fully pack and disembark or would our second week cabin be ready to move into. How does this work with regards luggage?

Has anyone any recent experience of this.

Many Thanks

Steve and Ann

We did a B2B with Eclipse Transatlantic followed by the Norwegian Fjords . We moved cabins. We packed everything except our hanging clothes. The stewards moved the clothes for us . It wasn't a big deal changing cabins but looking back I wish we had the same cabin for both legs. Nothing to do at all then no packing or unpacking at all. Also if you do decide to move try to arrange for access to the safe in your second cabin. It saves trailing the contents about with you.

Sandra

We are doing a B2B in March on the Infinity. Same cabin both legs.

Hope it goes quickly as there is a group of us touring that day.

I'm getting so excited 28 days at sea! David hopes his liver survives.

We keep getting different answers as to how it's handled. I'm guessing ship and port of call are the reason.

Carol

Edited by cawags

We are doing a B2B in March on the Infinity. Same cabin both legs.

Hope it goes quickly as there is a group of us touring that day.

I'm getting so excited 28 days at sea! David hopes his liver survives. ��

We keep getting different answers as to how it's handled. I'm guessing ship and port of call are the reason.

Carol

Very true. There have been times we didn't have to get off and others when we did. Usually it goes quickly.

We've done a number of b2b cruises (when flying from MN we want to get as much time in the warm weather as we can). Only once did we switch cabins. There is a b2b get together where you get the scoop on what will happen.

When switching you do pack up everything, except hanging clothes and in a perfect world your 1st cruise cabin steward will take everything to your new cabin. That didn't happen with us. We ended up hauling it ourselves. Another couple said that that a pair of dress slacks 'disappeared' on the move.....did they fall off the hanger?? They don't know. But they never appeared in the new cabin.

So if we ever do b2b again and switch cabins we will pack up and relocate our bags to the closet of the new cabin (so they are out of the way of the cabin steward cleaning the cabin).

information from others on packing up is correct. We did a B2B2B. The customs depend on your ending and start of the second cruise. Our start was Ft Lauderdale, with ending in Southampton, England, for the first leg, we had customs agents board the ship in France and do the customs, stamp passport the day before we arrived in Southampton. We had the choice of staying on board or doing an excursion when we arrived in Southampton, so we did the Stonehenge tour. We took our electronics and money with us and everything was packed in the suitcases, and our room attendants moved everything.

Ending of second cruise was in Amsterdam and we did not have to do customs.

We changed cabins again for the 3rd leg, but our room attendants were the same for the new cabin, so again everything was taken care of, they let us in the room, so we could put our stuff in the safe and all was good.

We were gone 34 nights - husband could have stayed longer - I was missing the grandkids, so ready to come home. Wonderful way to see the world

Have a safe and wonderful cruise.

We have done a number of B2B cruises and have more booked. I now always get the same room for both legs, it would have to be some sort of amazing deal to have me change rooms.

That being said, changing isn't really the end of the world.

If you keep the same room, on the change over date, you will have some sort of a process to be followed. In San Juan, we met in the reflections lounge at 10:00 and were walked off the ship, past a customs guy to look at our passport and then were given new cards to get back on the ship (once we even stayed on the ship and the customs guy came to us, which was nice). Most of the times we were off for about 10 minutes. A couple of times there were delays when they were missing people, etc. If you want to leave and go on a tour, etc. you can leave before that time, but have to take your passport, etc. to get back on and you can't get back on until general boarding has started for that weeks passengers.

When we changed rooms (just did it once), we packed up all our drawers, etc. that morning. We let our current room steward and new one know what was happening. Once the new one confirmed the old people were out of our new room (up until then we had gone for breakfast and were just sitting in our room until we could move the stuff), the room stewards brought a rolling cart for our hanging cloths and a trolly for our luggage. They moved our hanging cloths onto the cart and moved us up. The new room wasn't clean yet so she put our valuables on the couch and the other luggage outside and assured us she would put it into the room once done (which she did) and we put our real valuable stuff into the safe and locked it. That was all done before the 10:00 meeting time (luckily the people got out of the room fast enough). They old people really would have access to the room with their cards if they came back though (before they left the ship), but wouldn't have been able to get into the safe - which thinking back I really wasn't comfortable with, but the room steward would have been around cleaning rooms. We then went and met and did the customs thing and then once rooms were available at 1:30, went back to our room and unpacked the stuff that we had to pack that day to move.

Not changing rooms makes the turn around day a much more relaxing day!

Sue