Question: Can a cruise be transfered to another person?

Theresa522

My daughters boyfriend may not be able to come on the cruise with us. :( (work related) If this happens could he transfer his cabin to someone else? He booked directly with NCL and does not have insurance.

Thanks for the help..

Edited by Theresa522

If this is a two person room and the other person will be going, a name change can be done.

If it's a studio, then I have no idea.

Yes it is a studio. He is actually in the Army right now that is why he cannot call.

So long as the person who booked the stateroom is continuing to go then anyone else on the booking can be substituted until, I think, 7 days before the departure date.

If the name on the booking has to withdraw then it would requite a cancellation and rebook for anyone else.

I would call on his behalf and possibly they would give you some info. If not, maybe you can get an email contact for him so he can correspond when it's convenient for him.

I would hope being military will hold some weight.

Good luck!

Yes it is a studio. He is actually in the Army right now that is why he cannot call.

If he is alone in the cabin, then no. He would have to cancel and absorb the penalty. The penalty gets higher the closer to sailing, so check the Cancellation Policy and Penalty Rules and see how many days out from sailing it is and cancel before the penalty increases to 75%. Another option, but not necessarily a good one, is he change the date to a later sailing as long as it is within the same cancellation penalty period they will sometimes allow that.