Would I Be Able to Make It to My Flight? Please Advice

danny8826

Hello,

We have booked a cruise on the Carnival Inspiration.

Our cruise disembark at 7:00 AM at Long Beach.

If we book a flight at 11:00 AM with JetBlue out of Long Beach Airport, would we be able to make it to our flight?

Thank you.

Danny

Last year We had the choice of a 10:30 JetBlue flight out ofLong Beach or an evening flight we chose the later one. Ships don't always get in on time. Once we were on the Splendor and didn't get in until early afternoon. Bad weather getting out of Mexico and most of the way back to Long Beach.

You could be fine if you get in early enough but things can delay debarkation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Last year We had the choice of a 10:30 JetBlue flight out ofLong Beach or an evening flight we chose the later one. Ships don't always get in on time. Once we were on the Splendor and didn't get in until early afternoon. Bad weather getting out of Mexico and most of the way back to Long Beach.

You could be fine if you get in early enough but things can delay debarkation.

Thank you for your respond.

Hello,

If we book a flight at 11:00 AM with JetBlue out of Long Beach Airport, would we be able to make it to our flight?

Thank you.

Danny

I think 11:00am is very doable In long Beach. The airport is small and security is very easy to go through and I don't remember the airport being very far from the port!

I think 11:00am is very doable In long Beach. The airport is small and security is very easy to go through and I don't remember the airport being very far from the port!

Thank you.

The "can I make a flight out of ______?" question comes up often. I haven't traveled out of Long Beach so I have no personal experience. I have been off ships as early as 8 AM (I don't do self debark but either had FTTF or platinum) and I have been still sitting on a ship at 10AM. Daughter's cruise was delayed docking until 12:30PM due to fog this past March in Galveston.

SO:

If you are asking then you are concerned. Do you want to spend your cruise worrying about making a flight?

If you book outside of the recommend times your insurance may not cover your delays.

Just two things to think about before you book. You just never know.

"Would we be able to make our flight"? Probably but many factors to consider.

Cruise delayed ( weather, med emergency, customs clearance )

Self debarkation ( usually quicker )

Distance to airport, traffic.

As mentioned is it worth worrying about on your last day?

Agreed! We have been on Inspiration and done self debark. I never even thought to myself, will I make my flight because we have always been off by 7-8.

Hello,

Thank you.

Danny

Carnival's flight guidelines for the Inspiration show the earliest return flight out of LGB should be 11:00 AM. So you are still within their guidelines. It is cutting it close, but it is doable. 99% of the time you will be fine if you do self assist. Of course there is always the possibility of a delay to the ship or to you getting off the ship, but you just have to decide if you are willing to risk it