WiFi info please

jackieo

We will be on a TA in November - Silhouette - and would like to know how good the wifi is. At present they are offering unlimited wifi for £186 (it's a 15 day cruise). Can I only log on to one devise? Not sure how it works. I am travelling with two others and we just wanted to access email. To keep in touch with family. Would we be allowed to share if it's only on one devise?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was on Silhouette in May and the WiFi (i.e. the on board connectivity, not the internet connection via satellite) was rubbbish. Poor signal in the cabin and in many public areas such as the buffet. I had to find a nice comfy chair in Cafe al Bachio to be sure of being able to log on. Even then, it locked me up and continued counting minutes when my device went flat. So to my mind there's a basic flaw in both the system design and also the implementation.

As for the connectivity via satallite (when I could actually log in and start eating precious minutes), it was typical cruise ship fodder - slow and not good enough to stream. Even when moored in port with few other people on board it was no better.

I was so unhappy that I posted a little rant here. Others on board the same sailing reckoned it was okay but I wouldn't have paid a few dollars for it, let alone close to $200.

Personally, I wouldn't book in advance, I'd try it and see if it was worth the money but of course, that risks a higher price at the time.

Edited by Chunky2219
typo

We will be on a TA in November - Silhouette - and would like to know how good the wifi is. At present they are offering unlimited wifi for £186 (it's a 15 day cruise). Can I only log on to one devise? Not sure how it works. I am travelling with two others and we just wanted to access email. To keep in touch with family. Would we be allowed to share if it's only on one devise?

Thanks in advance

Hi

I purchased the unlimited wifi today @£186, there is an offer on for uk passport

Holders if you prebook by 31/08/16 and travel by 31/12/16, very happy son and parents happy to share. Hope that helps as your uk resident

On some cruises they have sold the unlimited at a prorated discount part way through the cruise but it doesn't happen on all cruises so consult with the ILounge staff to see if they plan to do that on your cruise

Thank you. Might take my chances. 180 minutes should last a while.

Thank you. Might take my chances. 180 minutes should last a while.

I take it your 90 minute package is through being Elite. They offer a discount of 30% from the full package but you don't get your 90 minutes as well. The unlimited internet cost doesn't usually change during a cruise. If it was $199 for a 7 night cruise that is what you pay whenever you take it out.

Thanks in advance

That is close to the on board price which was $299. It isn't so close with the current exchange rate though.

You also get discounts dependent on your level in the Captains club.