Tell Cunard to reinstate the old Princess Grill Menu

resistk

Well, I for one thought the old PG a la carte menu was pretty tired; "elegant" dishes from approximately 50 years ago. We tried the duck on our last trip and it was fine, but it was also unexciting. And so I think the new menu looks great.

Admittedly short; but who is to say they won't change it often?

I also take exception to the Italian=good vs Indian=bad chef remark. What is that about?

I agree that it was a bit tired, but 3 dishes in PG is very short compared to the newly advertised QG A La Carte menu which, despite being shorter than it used to be, is substantially longer than 1 fish, 1 steak and 1 vegetarian choice.

What would be good is if the OP came back and gave an update now that they are back on board.

On the West bound TA Jazz Cruise now, the Princess Grill a la carte menu has changed again. This time for the better. Duck, Chateaubriand, shrimp cocktail, beeffilet and salmon now back on the menu. Not sure if this is temporary, will try to find out and will post a picture. :)

On the West bound TA Jazz Cruise now, the Princess Grill a la carte menu has changed again. This time for the better. Duck, Chateaubriand, shrimp cocktail, beeffilet and salmon now back on the menu. Not sure if this is temporary, will try to find out and will post a picture. :)

Thanks for letting us know - this is good news :D Lets hope this continues.

But now there are no vegetarian options whatsoever!

Very strange, and disappointing. A great any people avoid meat these days, for all kinds of reasons.

Also, back to the "classics." Escargots bourguignon, really? Yum, canned snails...

Very strange, and disappointing.

No reason to be disappointed. Actually vegetarians get even a preferred treatment as there is (was?) a whole menu just for you. This is in addition to the day-specific menu that also usally includes vegetarian options. And than of course you can ask for all kinds of alterations ...

No reason to be disappointed. Actually vegetarians get even a preferred treatment as there is (was?) a whole menu just for you. This is in addition to the day-specific menu that also usally includes vegetarian options. And than of course you can ask for all kinds of alterations ...

Yes it is the same unchanging menu throughout the ship. It becomes boring night after night, cruise after cruise!

There are vegetarian choices on the daily menu though aren't there ?

I've just checked the menus from my last trip in Britannia, most days there were 3 vegetarian choices on the daily menu and always at least 2.

Edited by Host Hattie

Maybe they do. The Grills serve neither, though, as a rule.

We've had quite a few curry nights in QG [table organised] and the Maitre'd often rustles up a fine pasta dish, table side.

Curry and Italian inspired meals are often on the menu and delicious they usually are too.

Hearing the EB TA just before I got on had the stripped down a la carte menu. So this one might be just for the jazz Cruise? Lunch today in the Grill was fairly disgusting, people complaining. As for the jazz Cruise, it must be low profile haven;t seen or heard anything jazzy yet.