Excursion suggestions please

MsMistiS

My fiancé and I will be cruising on the Dream Sept. 18th for our honeymoon. We had originally planned to zipline and tube in Belize. However, I tour my ACL and had to have knee surgery 6 weeks ago. This has thrown a huge kink in the chain as I won't be able to do those types of activities. Does anyone have suggestions for an excursion that is not as physically demanding? I will be able to walk on level ground fine but not for very long distances and my surgeon forbid me from ziplining. 😒

I'm sorry to hear about your injury but congratulations on your wedding! Our experience in Belize, after having been there 6 or 7 times, is that there's not much to do there that doesn't require at least some walking or, in the case of a snorkel or dive trip, climbing a ladder. Don't get me wrong, there are several adventures to be had there; Mayan ruins, cave tubing, several excellent reefs and islands. There's just not much else for someone who can't get around at least somewhat well. The small area at the pier is underwhelming unless you want to sit at a bar and drink all day. We are going back in November and will enjoy a day on the ship without 90% of the passengers onboard. You might consider that for your day there and plan another trip when you're all healed up? Have a great honeymoon!!

• 2 weeks later...
There's just not much else for someone who can't get around at least somewhat well. The small area at the pier is underwhelming unless you want to sit at a bar and drink all day. We are going back in November and will enjoy a day on the ship without 90% of the passengers onboard.

I was afraid of that. We may just get off the boat and look around for a few minutes then get back on. We want to at least step foot in the country. I was told it is better to visit Belize as it's on vacation. That way we would have a lot more time to see other parts of the country. Belize City doesn't have much I'm told. Thank you for the well wishes! We are very excited!!!

Are you okay getting in and out of a boat? If so, maybe take a ride over to Caye Caulker island? Very laid back island - funky fishing village and can rent a golf cart to get around. The place is awesome. Please look into it -- it is incredible and the best thing about Belize IMO. http://www.coralbreezetours.com/Belize/Caye/Caulker/cruise/beach/current_category.15/Product.11/tours_add.html?t_product=11