Any Journey cruises from Galveston for 2017?

Galleon1234

A couple weeks ago on John Heald's ****book page.....he said there will be more in 2018. But..he didn't say from which ports.

I know the 13 day Journey cruise from Long Beach didn't sell well. And....I've heard rumors:eek:.....that the Galveston Journey cruise(s)...were less than full. That's a shame....because we LOVED our 13 day to Mexico....and would do it again and again....if offered.

We will be watching for a Journey cruise from Galveston as well. Have loved every journey so far - Hawaii, Southern Caribbean; and am sure the Vista from NY will be equally wonderful.

I know I was getting some great rates for most of the Journeys cruises, so I don't think the majority of them sold very well. I don't know if you'll see any from Galveston. but I think you'll see one going through the Panama Canal in 2018 and maybe another 1 or even a ship going around the horn of South America.

A couple weeks ago on John Heald's ****book page.....he said there will be more in 2018. But..he didn't say from which ports.

I know the 13 day Journey cruise from Long Beach didn't sell well. And....I've heard rumors:eek:.....that the Galveston Journey cruise(s)...were less than full. That's a shame....because we LOVED our 13 day to Mexico....and would do it again and again....if offered.

Besides the Journey cruises to the Eastern/Southern Caribbean, that 13 day to Mexico is one that I would have LOVED to do and was hoping they'd offer it again. With DH's job and him only being in it 2 years now, we just weren't able to consider that many days. Didn't that go up into La Paz and actually inside the Gulf of CA? I've seen pictures of that area...and would love to see it. We had been on the typical Mexican Riviera years ago and loved it, but it's been a while so we're due for a repeat.

The last Journey cruise out of Galveston they did in January of 2015. In 2014 they did it in February. We did both years B2b. We. Much preferred the February month. The January one was hard to fill.

The years are off. They did what would have been a Journeys cruise (they hadn't figure it out yet) in February 2015 and again in January 2016. I know because I was on the one that went TO Galveston last year and FROM Galveston this year. I agree that there seemed to be lower prices and more open cabins than usual, which may be part of the reason why they're not doing as many in '17.