Voom Questions

I want to put out this data point regarding sharing multiple device packages, because it's something about the packages I didn't realize before.

On our Oasis cruise in July I purchased a 4-device package to be shared by 4 family members. At our first port I managed to inadvertently take my iPhone swimming with me and it died a watery death. :(

Since I no longer needed the wifi access... I decided to give it to my nephew instead. When he tried to sign in, he got a pop up message saying that 4 devices were already registered to this code and he wasn't able to add his. We were able to get this rectified by going to the VOOM booth and explaining what happened. The guy working there knew exactly what to do and removed my phone from that login account and opened up that 4th spot for access.

So, it's not "any" 4 devices at a time that can access, it appears to remember the first 4. I don't believe the same thing applies to the smaller packages though since we had a 2 device pkg on my recent cruise and it was accessed by at least 3 different devices.

Oh, and the VOOM on Oasis was great, the Enchantment VOOM was noticeably slower, but still better than the old Flintstone system they used to use.

So, it's not "any" 4 devices at a time that can access, it appears to remember the first 4. I don't believe the same thing applies to the smaller packages though since we had a 2 device pkg on my recent cruise and it was accessed by at least 3 different devices. ...

I believe it is any number of devices. My guess is that either the login session from your swimming phone had not expired yet, or something was wrong with the automatic session timeout feature on that ship, and the crewmember just logged off that session. There are times when we have to browse to logout.com to release a session.

Edited by clarea

I believe it is any number of devices. My guess is that either the login session from your swimming phone had not expired yet, or something was wrong with the automatic session timeout feature on that ship, and the crewmember just logged off that session. There are times when we have to browse to logout.com to release a session.

Good point, and I think the latter seems most possible. It wasn't until 2 days after my phone loss that I gave him the login code and we were pretty routinely auto-logged off after a few hours of inactivity. I suppose it could have been a glitch in the system, but it certainly surprised me.