Beach Advice

dst

We will be in Curacao in January and last trip we all took a private taxi to Cas Abo beach which we really enjoyed, wondering if anyone can recommend another beach?

We want an out of the way quiet place with restrooms and a bar - not a lot to ask huh ;)

Suggestions......

I suggest Playa Porto Mari.

See my response and photo (#4) in the following thread -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=43805333#post43805333

Beautiful beach, out of the way, excellent snorkeling, restaurant, bar, and restrooms. I'll be back to Curacao in Feb 2017 and plan on returning.

Good luck!

Thank you so much - definitely will check it out

How far is it from the pier, did you taxi, do you have a rough idea of cost

Thank you so much - definitely will check it out

How far is it from the pier, did you taxi, do you have a rough idea of cost

It's about a 25-30 minute taxi ride from the pier. Taxis are lined up right outside the gates. I believe the fare was about $80 round trip for myself and my wife. Maybe make some friends on your cruise to share the fare. You can tell the driver to return to the beach at a prearranged time for pick-up back to the ship.

It's about a 25-30 minute taxi ride from the pier. Taxis are lined up right outside the gates. I believe the fare was about $80 round trip for myself and my wife. Maybe make some friends on your cruise to share the fare. You can tell the driver to return to the beach at a prearranged time for pick-up back to the ship.

Thanks - sounds like this is in the same direction as Cas Abou - we enjoyed that beach very much.

We are traveling with a group of twelve so a van or two is going to be needed :)

$80! for a taxi? You might want to consider simply renting a car (Avis is right at the port) for about $60. You can then go where you want, when you want, without worrying about high taxi costs and whether they will return at the right time.

Hank

There is an Avis at the pier but you must reserve in advance. There is parking at/near all the beaches we have been to. Road signs can be hit or miss as there seems to be some kind of road construction all the time. Even though we have driven in Curacao many times, we still get GPS

Edited by bup1224

• 2 weeks later...