Other than 7111 and 7108, what....

Iamthesea

Standard veranda stateroom would you recommend for the Marina?

We have stayed in 7111, and while loving the balcony size and openness , we had a terrible experience with noise from the 2 crew doors across the hall. Constant non-stop comings and going from the crew during a Noro outbreak.

DH and I are going to give Oceania another try to use our credit from the previous cruise. We are going to book either a B category or perhaps a Cat. A.

Any recommendations away from crew or storage rooms? Even another B3 with the larger veranda, but not near the crew doors would be considered.

Edited by Iamthesea

I thought the credit deal was only for the same ship ?

anyway maybe just book a cabin further from the crew doors

we did not have a problem in 7114

there is no guarantee the same problem will not happen on any ship

the crew have to get to the cabins somehow

Thank you. I'll take a look at that location. Normal daily cleaning would probably not bother us. The extra cleaning, shouting, etc that we experienced was too much. DH doesn't want to take the chance again.

Nothing in my paperwork says that the credit has to be used on the same ship.:confused:

We never received a paper letter in the mail, although I read about the letter that others received.

As a first time cruiser, I had written the Oceania rep that originally booked our cruise. I outlined our disappointment. In return, she forwarded my email to the "higher ups". A few days later, I had an email from a Guest Relations Manager with the initials of IV.

Among apologies, the following is what was mentioned about the credit. Nothing about it having to be on the Riviera or even the Caribbean! We were going to book a 7 night "Caribbean tester" for next spring on the Marina. We don't want to be on the ship any longer should another outbreak occur.

Should the below come with other restrictions, that will be a game changer and we will forget about trying Oceania in the future. :rolleyes:

Please know that Future Cruise Credits in the amount of $924.75 per person, which represent the 25% of your cruise fare, have been created in our Reservations System for you under your names. We have gladly extended the credits through 2018 as requested, and sincerely hope that, when ready, you will allow us another chance to restore your confidence in our company.

I will call Oceania tomorrow. Goodnight!

Edited by Iamthesea

We sailed with her on the Riviera that had to return to Miami early. For that cruise only, the credit could be used on any ship -- as we are doing in October.

I believe our group was the first to get the credit, and O tightened the terms with later groups.

We sailed with Iamtgesea, also. Received credit on any ship but had to be used by February 2017. Lots of variables depending on folk's requests. We are looking forward to our Southern Holidays cruise this Christmas in cabin 7009 on the Marina.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We sailed with her on the Riviera that had to return to Miami early. For that cruise only, the credit could be used on any ship -- as we are doing in October.

I believe our group was the first to get the credit, and O tightened the terms with later groups.

We sailed with Iamtgesea, also. Received credit on any ship but had to be used by February 2017. Lots of variables depending on folk's requests. We are looking forward to our Southern Holidays cruise this Christmas in cabin 7009 on the Marina.

Hi Ladies, Thanks so much. Did either of you book with a TA? If so, how did you get the credit applied? I can't decided if I should call my TA first (better pricing) or call Oceania. Enjoy your cruises!

Edited by Iamthesea

Pam, Tell me about 7009 and 7008. One is available for my sailing.

I told my TA about the credit and she applied it through Oceania also. No problem. 7008 and 7009 have extended balconies, Iamthesea, and based on other CC reports, we changed from a midship cabin to 7009. I can let you know in January if that was a good move! The Around the Horn sailings can be a little rough, I hear! You can do a search on that cabin number and read the positive comments.

Standard veranda stateroom would you recommend for the Marina?

We have stayed in 7111, and while loving the balcony size and openness , we had a terrible experience with noise from the 2 crew doors across the hall. Constant non-stop comings and going from the crew during a Noro outbreak.

DH and I are going to give Oceania another try to use our credit from the previous cruise. We are going to book either a B category or perhaps a Cat. A.

Any recommendations away from crew or storage rooms? Even another B3 with the larger veranda, but not near the crew doors would be considered.

Not larger balcony but quiet location is just forward of the laundry room 7014 7016 7018 and the ones directly above those are even better and on the 9th deck even better. For a b category I would choose those cabins on the 8th deck. The area just below is a solid blue dreck for crew. Hardly saw anyone out there and you don't look down on the extended balcony people. We enjoyed it the very much.

sorry did not realize there were 2 different offers out there

My friend got the offer for Riviera only sailings

enjoy

Not larger balcony but quiet location is just forward of the laundry room 7014 7016 7018 and the ones directly above those are even better and on the 9th deck even better. For a b category I would choose those cabins on the 8th deck. The area just below is a solid blue dreck for crew. Hardly saw anyone out there and you don't look down on the extended balcony people. We enjoyed it the very much.

I will consider. ;)

Anyone have opinions on A2 or 3?

enjoy

That's Ok. :)

enjoy

I think this might be the one that came back early, but not sure. It seems they got a 25% future cruise credit of what they paid for the cruise they were on. We are getting a 25% discount off the cruise we are taking. How well it works depends on how much you got and which cruise you are taking in the future. I know for the one we are doing not only did we get a discount the price of the cruise also went down. We really are cruising cheaper on Oceania than we could on Carnival. Of course we're in a inside guarantee, but we're okay with that.

Could someone tell me the best location for any of the Concierge class A staterooms?

Best location in what way?

we usually get a mid ship cabin ..they are pretty much the same except for location

Do you want to be closer to the laundry room, to the Concierge lounge, elevators ???

Just a quiet area nearer to steps or elevator. Hate long hall walks. Mostly now interested in A2 or A3.

Have a look on the deck plan you can see where the elevator banks are then choose a cabin close by

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/marina/deck-plans/

I usually like ones that are not passed the forward elevators as there is more motion towards the bow

YMMV

Edited by LHT28

The rooms right by the elevators are quiet, too. No elevator noise or problems with guests .... At least not on Riviera. That's the only ship we have been on (3 times).

So there are no "special" A3's? Like larger balconies or larger than normal room, etc..

Frankly, I am having trouble with all the purple hues on the deck plan. I am going to try a TA website that actually highlights the available cabins.

In the linked deck plans I do not know anything other than the A3's are above and below other staterooms...which is good.;)

What I cannot tell is if the staterooms are outside of service closets. I don't think we want to be near a Concierge Lounge or laundry room because of extra foot traffic and possible chatting in hallways.

So there are no "special" A3's? Like larger balconies or larger than normal room, etc..

Frankly, I am having trouble with all the purple hues on the deck plan. I am going to try a TA website that actually highlights the available cabins.

there are no special cabins in the A cat it is all about location

The A4's are at the bow & stern then A3, at mid ships are the A2's this is for deck 9

closer to the centre of the ship the more $$

Edited by LHT28