some breakaway questions

jr72

Just booked last minute for 8/7 sailing, trying to do some quick planning.

- When I go to website I see that I can book reservations for Burn the Floor and Rock of Ages, but I do not see any mention of Second City. Does that mean you do not book reservations in advance of the cruise for their show, or does that mean that the reservations are all booked up?

- I enjoy dancing and would like to do that in Manhattan Room during dinner. Is music playing for dancing throughout the dinner times (i.e., starting 5pm), or just at certain times or certain evenings?

- Which night does Burn the Floor do a show in Manhattan Room, and are reservations needed for that?

Thanks!

Just booked last minute for 8/7 sailing, trying to do some quick planning.

- When I go to website I see that I can book reservations for Burn the Floor and Rock of Ages, but I do not see any mention of Second City. Does that mean you do not book reservations in advance of the cruise for their show, or does that mean that the reservations are all booked up?

- I enjoy dancing and would like to do that in Manhattan Room during dinner. Is music playing for dancing throughout the dinner times (i.e., starting 5pm), or just at certain times or certain evenings?

- Which night does Burn the Floor do a show in Manhattan Room, and are reservations needed for that?

Thanks!

The Second City is probably booked, but you can do standby.

In the Manhattan there is music, but do not recall start time(ate between 5:30PM and 6PM) and the band was playing. Never caught Burn the Floor in Manhattan-I believe it is later in week.

Come on over to the roll call. I am on this same sailing and there is a meet and greet organized.

The Second City is probably booked, but you can do standby.

In the Manhattan there is music, but do not recall start time(ate between 5:30PM and 6PM) and the band was playing. Never caught Burn the Floor in Manhattan-I believe it is later in week.

Come on over to the roll call. I am on this same sailing and there is a meet and greet organized.

I will be on the Breakaway on Oct 2 and Second City was not even on the schedule to be picked. I would love to see the show..

David.................:)

We are also on the 8/7 sailing. Second City will be available when we board. I booked the shows the day they became available and Second City was not a choice. The comedy shows on Escape were handled the same way when we sailed last January.

Edited by jimp1266

We booked "prime" time & ate in Manhattan MDR 3X during the Bermuda sailing and since each meal service took at least 90 minutes, we knew for sure that BTF did NOT perform during the week (and, most likely, not on embarkation day either ... we ate in LeBistro so can't be 100% sure).

On nights where they are scheduled to perform in the "main" theater - usually 2 shows for that evening, you can be pretty sure that they would NOT be going to the MDR to do that extra 15 to 20 minutes show.

I can tell you that we finally saw BTF performing on Day 7, last full Sea Day in M-MDR, around 6 or 6:30 PM. The place was fully booked and the line for walk-in was long, real long and meal services being the slowest & longest, took 2 hours for our meal - since we're in a hurry to go anywhere else - 4 of us just sit back. Dining reservation is a must for that last evening - if you can still book it for 5:30 or 6 PM before embarkation this weekend.

** Once onboard the ship, all of the MDR will NOT accept any reservations, only specialty dining - you are instructed to show up as walk-in and go on a stand-by basis. To play it safe, download & install the free iConcierge App before sailing and use it to check.

As for the dance floor in the middle being open, yes - only a handful used it, either precorded music played and sometimes, live music with the band, typically for 30 minutes.

** Once onboard the ship, all of the MDR will NOT accept any reservations, only specialty dining - you are instructed to show up as walk-in and go on a stand-by basis. To play it safe, download & install the free iConcierge App before sailing and use it to check.

in my 6 months of reading on here, ive never seen that tip before. i have specialty booked nites 1, 2, 3 for bermuda but for the 3 days in port i made no reservations because i didnt want to rush back to the ship for a dinner in case we were having fun on the island.

and i hate to make a reservation if i'm not sure ill be back. they shoot you for missing them, dont they? :)

I'll be on BA for the first time in January. When does (on-line) booking for shows/specialty restaurants usually start?

As of now (subject to changes, given NCL's track records lately) - you can book 90 days out or 100 days out if staying in Haven (and can have the concierge take care of it)

in my 6 months of reading on here, ive never seen that tip before. i have specialty booked nites 1, 2, 3 for bermuda but for the 3 days in port i made no reservations because i didnt want to rush back to the ship for a dinner ... and i hate to make a reservation if i'm not sure ill be back. they shoot you for missing them, dont they? :)

We've sailed the BA only 3 times but not having the ability to book the MDR once onboard is something new this year - for the Bermuda sailings, it's not a big deal if you are flexible. The reservation desk said just come, wait & they will get you seated - with the same menu in Manhattan, Taste & Savor - you just do the walkup at the one with the shortest line (easy for small party of 4 or 6 or 2's) But, on Day 7 (last Sea Day) ... Manhattan MDR apparently had the Burn The Floor dancers performing and lines/wait time was long for those without advanced reservations and services exceptionally slow - 2 plus hours for a full dinner.

No, they aren't going to shoot your or thrown you out the side doors ... you will just have to stand there & wait, perhaps not so bad with a beverage package. No-show reservations are automatically released after 15 minutes and available for walk-ups, and, apparently many booked and didn't call to cancel when plans changed - not helping with the wait time as there're vacant tables that they have to hold & wait until the buzzer :eek:

As always, YMMV - with and without prompt notices from NCL - info offered here is strictly given as FYI for heads up. Feel free to ignore it all.