Summit questions

AnnetteSC

We'll be on the Summit next week.

1) Can we find out what movies are playing on board in advance or do we have to wait until we get the daily flyer?

2) Anyone know any info on iSnap? It's supposed to be available on the Summit but haven't read anything here from people doing trip reports.

3) My family and I have 3 cabins on deck 7. I tried to look them up but there are no reviews on them. Did anyone stay in 7086, 7088 and 7090? We asked for midship.

Thanks!

My wife and I sailed on Summit on June 12 - 19, 2016 cruise. I cannot answer any of your specific questions, but I can tell you that you will have a great cruise on this wonderful ship. Happy Cruising! Bob and Linda

hello AnnetteSC.we have sailed Summit six times and this is a fine very smooth sailing ship.of course mid ships is a plus.you will have a great cruise.she surely is a fine ship.happy cruising. check out the Sunset Bar all the way aft.Dewa and the gang are the best.

1) Can we find out what movies are playing on board in advance or do we have to wait until we get the daily flyer?

2) Anyone know any info on iSnap? It's supposed to be available on the Summit but haven't read anything here from people doing trip reports.

3) My family and I have 3 cabins on deck 7. I tried to look them up but there are no reviews on them. Did anyone stay in 7086, 7088 and 7090? We asked for midship.

Thanks!

What is iSnap? I was not aware of anything by that name when I was onboard in June.

hello drychi. we sailed the same cruise as you and couldn't agree with you more.sailed Summit six times.every time was great. i'm pretty sure AnnetteSC will not be dissappointed

Thanks! I'm sure we will enjoy it! :)

What is iSnap? I was not aware of anything by that name when I was onboard in June.

Charles, a friend of mine is on the Breakway in Bermuda this week. On Monday, she posted a picture on Facebook from the ship. The heading said.... snapped a photo using iSnap — at Norwegian Cruise Line. I know for a fact that she did not purchase a wifi package for her cruise so I googled it. I found several references about iSnap including this: Vacationers can now share the moment via iSnap on Celebrity Cruises ships like Celebrity Summit.

Actually we were on breakaway last year and used isnap. You stand in front of a little machine, it takes your pic and you can email it to a friend for free. A cute gimmick. No, celebrity summit dosen't have this photo booth type machine. Haven't sailed on her in two years, so perhaps it has been added. We will be on the Summit this Sunday so I will know for sure.

Deck 7 is good. Cabins above and below. Not sure if you are midship but should be fine. I am sure you will enjoy your cruise The regular balcony cabins on the summit are smaller then the cc and aq class cabins.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Actually we were on breakaway last year and used isnap. You stand in front of a little machine, it takes your pic and you can email it to a friend for free. A cute gimmick. No, celebrity summit dosen't have this photo booth type machine. Haven't sailed on her in two years, so perhaps it has been added. We will be on the Summit this Sunday so I will know for sure.

Now that it has been explained.......Summit does have it now. I didn't pay attention to what it was called but they have one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Charles, a friend of mine is on the Breakway in Bermuda this week. On Monday, she posted a picture on Facebook from the ship. The heading said.... snapped a photo using iSnap — at Norwegian Cruise Line. I know for a fact that she did not purchase a wifi package for her cruise so I googled it. I found several references about iSnap including this: Vacationers can now share the moment via iSnap on Celebrity Cruises ships like Celebrity Summit.

Okay, I did not know that was called iSnap. I saw the picture machine on Summit but did not pay any attention to it because I purchased WiFi and was able to post from my iPhone to Facebook.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks!

AnnetteSC, you are now onboard and have discovered that the Summit DOES have the iSnap, right next to the Guest Relations' Desk on Deck 3. I sent a few photos home for free from there. :) I had no internet access onboard and could not respond any earlier.

I brought home a copy of all the Dailies for the entire week and will post them soon...but movies on the rooftop were different every night, depending on weather. I watched Batman vs. Superman (it was the only movie offered during the day at the Celebrity Theater, Deck 4, on one afternoon only), and Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Bermuda 2). There was also Divergent: Allegiant (At sea 1), The Benefactor (At Sea 2), Gods of Egypt (Bermuda Day 1), The Jungle Book (Bermuda 3), Zootopia (At Sea 3, only in the afternoon, no movies at night)

I can't comment on the cabins on Deck 7 as I was on Deck 8, forward, port side, which was fabulous, as I could just sit on my balcony watching the Naval Dockyard activities when we got there.

Hope you are having a fabulous time, AnnetteSC. :)

Does the summit have a guest talent show at the end of the week ?

Adults had a Celebrity Karaoke Idol Contest that culminated at the end of the week in a grand finale.

I know children had a Talent Show at the end of the cruise that they worked towards throughout the cruise!

No talent show for adults though...

Shawn

I'm back and can tell you that we had a good time. The weather was perfect, even in Bermuda, but there were a few glitches with Celebrity.

1) Internet package is more expensive once you're on board so buy it before you cruise, if you're sure you want it.

2) Some of the drinks from the list of Classic Alcohol package I saw here somewhere, are not included on board (like Negroni)

3) Absolutely NO extension cords are allowed! I packed a non-surge one because I read somewhere on this forum that only those would be allowed. Well, when on the first day everyone had luggage except me, I found out mine was held in the basement because of the cord.

No. Celebrity doesn't do those.

I have seen these on all 3 of my Transatlantics. On Eclipse, almost the entire ship showed up to support those who participated. It was quite moving really, standing room only aisles full of standees. Part of why I love the TA's is the camaraderie that builds.

Edited by cle-guy

I have seen these on all 3 of my Transatlantics. On Eclipse, almost the entire ship showed up to support those who participated. It was quite moving really, standing room only aisles full of standees. Part of why I love the TA's is the camaraderie that builds.

The question was about on the Summit and my answer was meant to be about Summit to Bermuda. On some long sailings Celebrity might have them. Years ago on Zenith which docked in St. George and Hamilton they didn't have any professional entertainment when docked in Bermuda and they had the talent show. On transatlantics they have a lot of days to fill in entertainment. But they don't it on Summit seven day cruises.

Edited by Charles4515