Britannia suite

sapphire4

Perfect! Yoghurt and honey followed by kedgeree. What is the dress code for the Epicurean breakfast?

There is no dress code. I wore dresses, shorts & tops, linen trousers and tops, etc. My husband wore shorts or trousers and polo shirts or short sleeve casual shirts.

I have to say, when going for dinner there, even if it was a casual evening, we would dress smartly. Both Epicurean on Britannia and Azura are lovely rooms and deserve smarter dress attire, in our opinion.

Not a problem. :)

If there is anything else you need or want to know do ask.

Enjoy your Suite!

Last time we cruised with P&O your choices for breakfast were either the MDR (which I don't like in the mornings) or the buffet or, of course room service, where is the alternative breakfast restaurant on Aurora now for suite passengers?

Just for info if you don't have a suite next time; you can order a carton of milk from room service. I usually take fresh milk on board with me and if that runs out before I get to a port, I add a carton of skimmed to my breakfast order. It's UHT though [emoji16]

Thanks Florry, that's good to know. Have never considered that before.

It just goes to show it doesn't matter how many times you've cruised you can still pick up useful tips.

Joan

Last time we cruised with P&O your choices for breakfast were either the MDR (which I don't like in the mornings) or the buffet or, of course room service, where is the alternative breakfast restaurant on Aurora now for suite passengers?

What was cafe Bordeaux now the glass house.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The Ocean Grill is our favourite, I don't think they did breakfast last time we were on Arcadia so looking forward to trying it!

We are on in Oct so we will let you know. :)

I'm on in September [emoji4] disembark 5th Oct. counting the days!

You will have to wave. :)

And of course leave it tidy. ;)

We follow you for a back to back.

Dai, are you on Azura in feb 2017?

We are and it's our first cruise in years..can't wait!!

No as we do not do fly cruises. Too much of a pain with my scooter.

Oceana for Christmas the shhhhh, Princess in May. But keep that quiet.

:) :)

You will have to wave. :)

And of course leave it tidy. ;)

We follow you for a back to back.

I'll leave it smelling of roses [emoji257] got an aft wrap.

No as we do not do fly cruises. Too much of a pain with my scooter.

Oceana for Christmas the shhhhh, Princess in May. But keep that quiet.

:) :)

Ahhhh never mind.

I do like Oceana, we sailed on her twice in an aft suite..LOVED it..lol

B750 I think.

Was a few years ago..lol

Have a great time, from one Geordie to another.

:-) :-)

Ahhhh never mind.

I do like Oceana, we sailed on her twice in an aft suite..LOVED it..lol

B750 I think.

Was a few years ago..lol

Have a great time, from one Geordie to another.

:-) :-)

We have the C deck aft suite at Christmas. :)

I am sure we will have a canny time, like. :) :)

Would the butler bring a bottle of wine to the room or would that be room service? What about booking a trip. We have a fair amount of onboard credit and don't want to use it up booking beforehand. Also wondering about the retreat? We probably wouldn't want to book it everyday but perhaps the odd day. Would the butler arrange that? Thanks for any advice.

Would the butler bring a bottle of wine to the room or would that be room service? What about booking a trip. We have a fair amount of onboard credit and don't want to use it up booking beforehand. Also wondering about the retreat? We probably wouldn't want to book it everyday but perhaps the odd day. Would the butler arrange that? Thanks for any advice.

Yes.

Hello,

Yes your Butler would book your trips for you.

In fact when were we in Flam a couple of years ago there was a Butler in the queue at the train station booking tickets!

With regards to the retreat, I've found this can be a bit hit & miss, depending on how good your Butler is.

We've asked one of our Butlers to do this for us previously & he did it without any issues. However, on a cruise the following year the Butler advised that he couldn't get us booked in. However, I wasn't overly impressed by him so not sure how hard he actually tried!!

I'm off on Britannia in 2 weeks & again don't want the use of the retreat for the full duration of the cruise but would like to try it for a couple of days. I'm going to ask our Butler if he can try and get us a couple of day passes & see what happens.

If we can't get booked in then it's not all bad as we've got a lovely aft corner suite :)

Joan

Very nice. Enjoy! Its useful to know what the butler will or will not do especially with not having the luxury of a suite before. We sailed twice on the Britannia last year and although we didn't have a suite we had aft cabin which was lovely apart from the soot on the second trip. The views were amazing. Our cabin stewards were poles apart. I think we had the A team on the first trip and definitely the B team on the second.

We love being at the stern too especially love the big wrap-around balconies. We're going completely the opposite in December, we're right at the front of the ship, it'll be interesting to note the differences....tiny balcony for one! Though as it's not going to be warm I think I can handle that!! [emoji15]

I feel bad asking this question but here goes: do suite passengers get earlier disembarkation tickets in ports where there is a ticket system to go through customs? I'm trying to decide whether to pay for a trip I don't really want to do to get off the ship earlier, if there is any chance of a priority ticket (like for tenders) I wouldn't book. I feel bad because it goes against the grain to queue jump but at the same time it would be useful to know if this is one of the perks. [emoji15]

I feel bad asking this question but here goes: do suite passengers get earlier disembarkation tickets in ports where there is a ticket system to go through customs? I'm trying to decide whether to pay for a trip I don't really want to do to get off the ship earlier, if there is any chance of a priority ticket (like for tenders) I wouldn't book. I feel bad because it goes against the grain to queue jump but at the same time it would be useful to know if this is one of the perks. [emoji15]

We didn't get one.

The trip we were on was sightseeing back to the ship at about 4.30 we docked at 12.00. We did not get on the ship and spent the evening in NY.

We didn't get one.

The trip we were on was sightseeing back to the ship at about 4.30 we docked at 12.00. We did not get on the ship and spent the evening in NY.

Ah well, will just get in the queue for disembarkation tickets with a glass of wine [emoji4]

The Ocean Grill is our favourite, I don't think they did breakfast last time we were on Arcadia so looking forward to trying it!

We were on Arcadia earlier this month and breakfast was in Sindhu for suite passengers. Lovely views.

We were on Arcadia earlier this month and breakfast was in Sindhu for suite passengers. Lovely views.

Wow ok, I hadn't reckoned on that the last I heard it was in the OG. Not that it matters!

Edited by Florry