Catacombs of San Gerrano - R4 bus

cshellz

We are doing an 8 day cruise B2B so we are looking for an easy day. From the information available it looks like an easy but worthwhile tour.

My question is this, for four of us catching the R4 bus what tickets do I buy? and from where? Is there a shop near the cruise port & bus stop?

I have googled but Im a bit confused by the info Ive found. Thanks for any help.

It's in Naples, up near Capodimonte. There is no one bus that will get you there, you'll need to make a change.

I think the easiest routing is to take the Metro from the new Municipio stop across from the cruise port. Take line 1 (the only one operating from Municipio at this point) direction Piscinola, for three stops to Museo.

Exit the station and walk down the sidewalk to the bus stop in front of the museum (the big reddish building). From here take any one of these four buses, whichever comes first: 168 460 C63 R4. Get off at Tondo di Capodimonte and walk around the corner to the entrance of the catacombs (on the left, after the Grand Hotel Capodimonte).

When returning there's a stop right at the entrance of the Catacombs. You can take any of these four buses down to Via Toledo: 168 460 C63 R4.