Oasis Stateroom questions

Hi All - We were watching Mighty Ships last night on Quantum of the Seas and of course, now we have to book a darn cruise!

We saw some good deals for Fall 2017 on Oasis and are heading in that direction, since we haven't done that class yet. We are looking at Central Park balcony staterooms because that pricing is right about the same as interior. Is there any advantage or disadvantage to location? I was thinking of an end stateroom #12617 to be exact. Is there a reason I wouldn't want to be that end stateroom? Any input would be helpful!

Thanks!

We also watched Mighty Ships the other night on the Quantum. I had to look if we could book it but it in now in China. I checked & the Anthem sails out of NY. That looks interesting but will probably be just about the ship since we have been to all of those islands before. Since we aren't available to sail until spring 2018 we still have plenty of time to look.

I am sailing in a Central Park balcony statement in September, cabin #10603. I am really looking forward to that. (my first balcony) It is mid ship. I wish I knew the answer to your question.

I'm sorry to highjack your thread but I was glad to see someone else watched those shows since that is why I am sailing twice on the Oasis, 1 time with friend & 1 time with DH. I'll take any excuse to book another cruise.

You will be very pleased if you can get 12617, as I have read here (and seen pictures) that the balcony on 12617 and 12217 are nearly twice as large as the other CP balconies.

Edited by ramja96

You will be very pleased if you can get 12617, as I have read here (and seen pictures) that the balcony on 12617 and 12217 are nearly twice as large as the other CP balconies.

The cabins with the large balconies are on the other side of the living wall and are numbers 12229 and 12629. They are also available on decks 10 and 11, same last 3 digits for the cabin numbers.

Thanks! We love Mighty Ships - especially when its cruised focused!

We did speak with several people who recommended for the extra money we should consider moving to Boardwalk Balcony so we can see a bit of Ocean. It was only $100 more per person, so we booked cabin 11721. Looks like it will be a good enough view.

Thanks for the feedback. I was worried about that open space next to the other cabin.

We thought about getting a Central Park balcony cabin as it was almost $400.00 cheaper than an ocean view balcony, but decided against it. I don't like the fact that people across the park can look into my cabin, and I miss being able to watch the ocean and the ship coming (and leaving) from port.

The cabins with the large balconies are on the other side of the living wall and are numbers 12229 and 12629. They are also available on decks 10 and 11, same last 3 digits for the cabin numbers.

Thanks for the correction. My mistake.

My daughter and I had a CP balcony on Oasis this past February, and we loved it. Unless you have the curtain open and lights on at night, people across the way won't get much of a view into your cabin. We never felt like we were living in a fishbowl. We enjoyed many hours on our balcony, reading, playing cards, and people-watching as folks strolled through the park below. I loved looking out at all the greenery, enhanced by recorded bird song during the day, and crickets after dark. We also liked the live music in the park most nights.

We chose a room near the aft elevators, so it was an easier walk to a number of dining options. We chose deck 10, to be a little farther away from the pool deck. The music from there was a bit loud on only one day. We just closed the balcony door and took a nap. We've chosen a similar spot on Harmony for next year.