Port side cabins above "smoking" deck on Equinox

marthatravels

I recently read that the port side, Deck 5 has a "smoking" section outside on the Equinox. We have a port side balcony cabin booked on Deck 6 (6123) and was wondering if anyone noticed the smoke drifting upwards to these balconies. If so I will try to move our cabin now...thanks

If you can, I would recommend moving your stateroom. We were on the Equinox on deck 7 above the smoking area and were more bothered by the noise than the smoke. The noise was fine during the day and early in the evenings, but people carry their cocktails out to the smoking area and talk late at night! After a few drinks, people get quite loud, which is fine, but not from midnight to 2am when you are trying to relax on your veranda and get ready for the next day.

I recently read that the port side, Deck 5 has a "smoking" section outside on the Equinox. We have a port side balcony cabin booked on Deck 6 (6123) and was wondering if anyone noticed the smoke drifting upwards to these balconies. If so I will try to move our cabin now...thanks

I may be mistaking but think that the smoking on deck 6 is pretty much limited to the midship section and your cabin is quite a bit forward from there. Personally, I would be more concerned of being aft of the smoke than in front of it, especially if the ship is moving. Last cruise, we were on the actual hump on the starboard side .... very convenient and no noise at all.

We usually book on deck 6 and purposely choose the starboard side if it is available. I would have no qualms about booking the cabin you mention, however. Noisy passengers can be on either side, though.

The outdoor promenade on Deck 5 does not run the full length of the ship; rather, it starts roughly adjacent to the forward bank of elevators [doors to and from the outside are behind the rear theater exits] and ends--other than for crew utility use to service the specialty restaurants to the rear of Deck 5 and the occasional walker [it dead-ends]--roughly adjacent to the midships bank of elevators [the second set of doors to and from the outside are located behind Bistro On 5/Sushi On 5]...

The designated smoking areas on Deck 5 Port are located adjacent to those two sets of egress/ingress doors to the open deck...

Your cabin is located far forward of the outdoor promenade on Deck 5; the ship's hull--not open deck--will be beneath your balcony... I can't imagine that you would be the least bit vulnerable to smoke--or noise from chatting smokers--given the distance between your cabin's location and the designated smoking areas on Deck 5...

Edited by Xport

Most of the smokers are back aft by the main hump. You won't have any issues whatsoever where you are located.