Conquest - Guarantee Rooms

BNBR

I'm thinking about booking a trip with my family on the Conquest. First time in a long time on Carnival, so trying to get my bearings.

We don't care, at all, where our room is - front, aft, middle, whatever. So why not take advantage of the guarantee offer and save some cash. But I do care that it has a sofa bed. Every cabin I checked for ocean view seems to have one, I didn't see any without it. But I'd hate to do a guarantee room and end up without one. We need it for my young son to sleep on.

Is there an easy way to check and see if all ocean view rooms do, in fact, have the sleeper sofa? If so, I'd just do the guarantee.

How is internet on the ship? I don't need to stream movies or anything, but I do need basic browsing/email throughout the trip. Anyone know the price if you do the whole trip?

Appreciate any insight.

Edited by BNBR

Have you thought about asking Carnival? Not being judgmental, but if you call the Carnival guest services or booking number, they would probably be able to answer that and you could go ahead and book while you have them on the phone!

Good luck and I hope you get booked and have a great cruise! Conquest is a great ship and has a really good crew.

All of the OV cabins on Conquest Class ships that sleep 3 have sofas. I am talking about actual OVs, not Insides with Walkway views.

Keep in mind that with a guarantee you could get the worst cabin (like under the galley), the best cabin, or anything in between. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Edited by firemanbobswife

I'm thinking about booking a trip with my family on the Conquest. First time in a long time on Carnival, so trying to get my bearings.

We don't care, at all, where our room is - front, aft, middle, whatever. So why not take advantage of the guarantee offer and save some cash. But I do care that it has a sofa bed. Every cabin I checked for ocean view seems to have one, I didn't see any without it. But I'd hate to do a guarantee room and end up without one. We need it for my young son to sleep on.

Is there an easy way to check and see if all ocean view rooms do, in fact, have the sleeper sofa? If so, I'd just do the guarantee.

How is internet on the ship? I don't need to stream movies or anything, but I do need basic browsing/email throughout the trip. Anyone know the price if you do the whole trip?

Appreciate any insight.

If there are three people on the booking, you would not end up with a cabin incapable of sleeping three BUT it could be a cabin with an "upper" (bed that folds down from the wall or ceiling) rather than a single sofa sleeper. Also, I looked at the deck one and deck two plans and while there are a fair number of OV's with a single sofa sleeper, not all of them have it (I would guess it's about 50% of the OV's).

As others have suggested, it would be best to contact CCL about this and if you're locked into a single sofa sleeper versus an "upper", it might be a good idea to book a specific cabin versus going guarantee.

Edited by joepeka

Good info. Appreciate it. I'll probably just book and select the room at a higher cost. Not that big of a deal.

I read another review suggesting a Faster To The Fun option. I'm usually pretty open to pay and avoid lines. I found the info on Carnivals website - does it really work out better? For $60, I'm happy to skip embarkation and debarkation lines. However, I also fly first class and know "priority luggage" sometimes means "eh, it'll come out last". Is this a checkbox when booking the cruise online?

My main reason for looking at Carnival is the kids programs. Can you guys confirm it's ages 2 - 5 in a single group, no gotchas? Are there any extra fees? Royal Caribbean splits my 2 year old into a toddlers room and charges quite a bit for it. I like the idea of my 2 and 4 year old being together.

Edited by BNBR

If there are three people on the booking, you would not end up with a cabin incapable of sleeping three BUT it could be a cabin with an "upper" (bed that folds down from the wall or ceiling) rather than a single sofa sleeper. Also, I looked at the deck one and deck two plans and while there are a fair number of OV's with a single sofa sleeper, not all of them have it (I would guess it's about 50% of the OV's).

As others have suggested, it would be best to contact CCL about this and if you're locked into a single sofa sleeper versus an "upper", it might be a good idea to book a specific cabin versus going guarantee.

Any OV that can sleep 3 can have the 3rd person on the sofa. It is not a sofa bed. They make up the top of the sofa with blankets and if you're lucky an egg crate. All the OVs on Conquest Class ships that sleep 3 have a sofa. Conquest Class ships do not have beds that fold down from the walls and I don't believe they have trundles.

Any OV that can sleep 3 can have the 3rd person on the sofa. It is not a sofa bed. They make up the top of the sofa with blankets and if you're lucky an egg crate. All the OVs on Conquest Class ships that sleep 3 have a sofa. Conquest Class ships do not have beds that fold down from the walls and I don't believe they have trundles.

Ah, so it doesn't fold into a bed? I have a 2 year old and 4 year old, and I was thinking they could sleep on the sofa bed like we did on Royal. I don't like them sleeping on a pullman, obviously. How do they handle that age range in an OV cabin? It's 4 of us, BTW. Me, wife, 2 kids.

Edited by BNBR

Ah, so it doesn't fold into a bed? I have a 2 year old and 4 year old, and I was thinking they could sleep on the sofa bed like we did on Royal. I don't like them sleeping on a pullman, obviously. How do they handle that age range in an OV cabin? It's 4 of us, BTW. Me, wife, 2 kids.

No they aren't a real sofa bed. The 3rd and 4th people in an OV sleep on top of the sofa and there is a drop down bunk bed from the ceiling. If you didn't want the little one up there, then I would put the mattress on the floor next to the sofa.

No they aren't a real sofa bed. The 3rd and 4th people in an OV sleep on top of the sofa and there is a drop down bunk bed from the ceiling. If you didn't want the little one up there, then I would put the mattress on the floor next to the sofa. Will be tight getting around to the bathroom, but totally doable.

We are totally fine doing that - didn't even think of something so obvious! Last cruise was on Oasis in a Junior Suite, so plenty of space, but Royal doesn't have kids programs for our age group. A little nervous about Carnival - hoping I'm not going to be disappointed with their ships.

That doesn't look too bad. I think we could easily make it work. Lots of space at the foot of the bed, could put a mattress on the floor right there.

Edited by BNBR

Definitely. We traveled with the 4 of us when the boys were little no problem.

You are a Carnival person I see. Any insight into the ships? I typically prefer more higher end (and larger) ships, but Carnivals website doesn't provide a lot of info that helps figure it out.

Is the Conquest a newer/bigger ship? I try to avoid the older smaller ones "Imagination, etc." - but haven't been on Carnival since the 90's.

Any other ships out of Miami/Fort Lauderdale that are pretty amazing we should keep an eye on?

Lastly, is there a good time or place to book for best deals? We can travel absolutely last minute, no problem. We live in Fort Lauderdale.

Edited by BNBR

You are a Carnival person I see. Any insight into the ships? I typically prefer more higher end ships, but Carnivals website doesn't provide a lot of info that helps figure it out.

Is the Conquest a newer/bigger ship? I try to avoid the older smaller ones "Imagination, etc." - but haven't been on Carnival since the 90's.

Any other ships out of Miami/Fort Lauderdale that are pretty amazing we should keep an eye on?

Lastly, is there a good time or place to book for best deals? We can travel absolutely last minute, no problem. We live in Fort Lauderdale.

The Conquest is the oldest of the Conquest Class ships. I got married on her [emoji4]. I actually prefer the Glory of you can't tell! The thing I don't like about Conquest is no Serenity Deck. It's not important to many, but it is to me. I have only been on Conquest Class ships on Carnival so I really can't compare. I like the size. Not too small and not too big. Love Guy's Burgers.

I think that size of ship would be a good step up from what you have been on. My next ship hopefully after my upcoming Glory cruise will be the Vista. We'll see.

Whenever school is out is the best time for pricing. The days of last minute deals are all but gone. The early bird seems to get the worm. Join me October 15. Prices are decent!

The Conquest is the oldest of the Conquest Class ships. I got married on her [emoji4]. I actually prefer the Glory of you can't tell! The thing I don't like about Conquest is no Serenity Deck. It's not important to many, but it is to me. I have only been on Conquest Class ships on Carnival so I really can't compare. I like the size. Not too small and not too big. Love Guy's Burgers.

I think that size of ship would be a good step up from what you have been on. My next ship hopefully after my upcoming Glory cruise will be the Vista. We'll see.

Whenever school is out is the best time for pricing. The days of last minute deals are all but gone. The early bird seems to get the worm. Join me October 15. Prices are decent!

Which cruise on Oct 15th - I might just do that. :)

After Googling, it seems the Serenity Deck is somewhat similar to Royals Solarium? Does it generally include a pool and what not on Carnival? I'm a big fan of the adult areas, too. So that would be something I would look for.

You are a Carnival person I see. Any insight into the ships? I typically prefer more higher end (and larger) ships, but Carnivals website doesn't provide a lot of info that helps figure it out.

We just got off Conquest Saturday and I was sad I couldn't find a place to hide and stay on it. It's about 15 years old and was the first of its class. over 100,000 tons so it is pretty big although not the biggest or newest they have. It has fantastic staff and I loved or at least liked almost everything I ate on-board.

Bear in mind that was our first Carnival cruise ever so we may have been starry-eyed. It was our 30th anniversary and we loved every minute of it. Had a wonderful time.

Having been reading these forums since I booked last March, I can tell you that anything Firemanbobswife has to say should be respected far more than anything I say about the ships. I'm still just a n00b. ;)

We just got off Conquest Saturday and I was sad I couldn't find a place to hide and stay on it. It's about 15 years old and was the first of its class. over 100,000 tons so it is pretty big although not the biggest or newest they have. It has fantastic staff and I loved or at least liked almost everything I ate on-board.

Bear in mind that was our first Carnival cruise ever so we may have been starry-eyed. It was our 30th anniversary and we loved every minute of it. Had a wonderful time.

Having been reading these forums since I booked last March, I can tell you that anything Firemanbobswife has to say should be respected far more than anything I say about the ships. I'm still just a n00b. ;)

I'd probably continue with Oasis class ships (230,000 tons), but again, the Royal kids programs are unacceptable for my kids ages. So I'm going to give Carnival a try. It sounds like you have to just be a sad person to have a bad time on just about any cruise, and if I go in with an open mind, I'll love it all the same.

We'll be booking a cruise Oct - November, trying to find the right one.

Which cruise on Oct 15th - I might just do that. :)

After Googling, it seems the Serenity Deck is somewhat similar to Royals Solarium? Does it generally include a pool and what not on Carnival? I'm a big fan of the adult areas, too. So that would be something I would look for.

I haven't been on Royal but I will post some pics of the Serenity deck for you. There are 2 hot tubs and lots of padded loungers, some clamshells, and hammocks.

I'm going on Glory out of POM on Oct 15. Check it out!

We are totally fine doing that - didn't even think of something so obvious! Last cruise was on Oasis in a Junior Suite, so plenty of space, but Royal doesn't have kids programs for our age group. A little nervous about Carnival - hoping I'm not going to be disappointed with their ships.

Just a thought: if you've been in a JS on Oasis, unless cost is a big factor for this trip, why not look at an OS on Conquest? It would likely be considerably less than the Oasis JS, it would be almost 100 sq feet larger than an OV and you could select a cabin with that double sofa bed. Just a thought..... ;)

I haven't been on Royal but I will post some pics of the Serenity deck for you. There are 2 hot tubs and lots of padded loungers, some clamshells, and hammocks.

I'm going on Glory out of POM on Oct 15. Check it out!

I bookmarked this one. Need to confirm a few things with my wife, but I may book it. If you recommend it after all these ships you have been on, I have a feeling it's a great ship. Plus I like the itinerary. My wife is Danish so loves St. Thomas.

I'd probably continue with Oasis class ships (230,000 tons), but again, the Royal kids programs are unacceptable for my kids ages. So I'm going to give Carnival a try. It sounds like you have to just be a sad person to have a bad time on just about any cruise, and if I go in with an open mind, I'll love it all the same.

We'll be booking a cruise Oct - November, trying to find the right one.

I'm trying to talk DW and DD into a superbowl cruise out of Port Canaveral. just a little 4 day on Valor which I believe is another Conquest class ship. I kinda drool thinking about watching the game on the big seaside theater movie screen. Assuming they do that lol. Then down the road I'd like to get us on the Magic which is Dream class and 130,000 tons which is almost as big as Vista. Nothing like those Oasis class ships but it's all I know so far so I can't be disappointed!

I think you got the right attitude and you'll have a great time. Cheers!

Just a thought: if you've been in a JS on Oasis, unless cost is a big factor for this trip, why not look at an OS on Conquest? It would likely be considerably less than the Oasis JS, it would be almost 100 sq feet larger than an OV and you could select a cabin with that double sofa bed. Just a thought..... ;)

We realized that when we have the kids with us, we'd rather just get a regular/cheap cabin. No frills necessary. When we go without them, we'll do a Crown Loft on Oasis or Allure.

However, you are right, the suite price isn't bad at all on Carnival. I may consider it.

I bookmarked this one. Need to confirm a few things with my wife, but I may book it. If you recommend it after all these ships you have been on, I have a feeling it's a great ship. Plus I like the itinerary. My wife is Danish so loves St. Thomas.

Awesome! Let me know. You can email me at any time on my Yahoo account by clicking the "Y" in the top corner!