whale watching in icy straight

kbcb4

We are booked with Icy Strait Whale Adventures. It has great reviews on Trip Advisor and the boat is a little bigger. I noticed most of them have 6 passenger boats. We did not want to go on the ship excursion because they always have too many, but 6 sounded a little small! I think the max is twenty something

We went with Icy Strait Whale Adventures just 2 weeks ago. We had a great time. The boat appears brand new, and had a small bathroom. All windows open wide open, and it has both a front a rear exterior deck. Captain Duane was very friendly. We say some humpbacks, but mostly the highlight of our trip was the Orcas, we saw up close. They rammed our boat several times, they were preying on a harbor seal and we watched for about 30 minutes. Of course nothing is guaranteed in terms of seeing whales. The RCI excursion had a larger double decker boat. It was close to us but could not go in as shallow water.

One more recommendation for Glacier Wind. I had an amazing day with them last year. Orcas, porpoises, humpback - we had it all on a beautiful sunny day. Shawn and Teresa are great hosts. Beats the heck out of the cruise ship whale watching options.