Spa on the Norwegian Sun?

Gursk

Hi all,

I've scoured the boards and sifted the through the the information on NCL.com and can't seem to find any details about, or pictures of the spa facilities on The Sun.

Can anyone give me an idea of what facilities are available? I don't think they have a thermal suite, but I've found conflicting reports on this one.

Plus, if one wants a spa pass, do these need to be purchased in the first few days of your sailing?

Thanks for any info you can share!

Edited by Gursk

There is no spa on the Sun in terms thermal suite etc, so no passes to be had. What they have is more like a salon with a couple of treatment rooms for massages and some of the other procedures on offer.

If you do book a treatment be sure to ask where it will be. I had booked one of the specials that they often offer, then I found out that this would be done in one of the pedicure chairs with attached tub. This would have been right out in the open room with others. This is no way appealed to me so I canceled the treatment.

Rochelle

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the Sun in July. There was a physician on board giving lectures about her services including Botox and fillers. I used the Spa for a nail repair ($17 for 1 nail). Spa was clean and offered massages, stone therapy, hair and nail service plus the physician services. There was a almost mystical waiting room for both sexes together. They did push purchasing products.

They did push purchasing products.

Have you ever been on an NCL cruise where they DIDN'T push purchasing anything and everything? That is part of NCL cruising!!!!

You name it they try to sell you it!! Grog, Art, Gems, Watches, Clothing, Chains, the Spa, Bingo, etc, etc!!

Casafilla, I have not been on many cruises in the past 30 years. I was spoiled by going with Nat Geo. last year where everything was included except booze. Of course, this was not glitzy but a rustic expedition.

On the Sun, just walking from one area to another was blocked by these sales people, the first few days. Otherwise, we were fairly satisfied.

We did get stung saying we had bid on some artwork that they misrepresented as original It was a fair litho but we didn't bid on

BTW: I did buy some hair product that had to be discarded in customs.

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone recently sailed on NCL Sun confirm the following statement please ?

"A $15 charge if you want to use the Lap pool, whirlpool and the hydro pool inside the Spa room". How long are you allowed to stay in these pools? Thanks

Thanks

Can someone recently sailed on NCL Sun confirm the following statement please ?

"A $15 charge if you want to use the Lap pool, whirlpool and the hydro pool inside the Spa room". How long are you allowed to stay in these pools? Thanks

Thanks

Wonder where you got that information, there is no lap pool on the SUN, nor a hydro-pool. There are single gender steam/sauna/showers and that's about it.