Enterprise car rental in Anchorage

Caribbean Sunset

We are looking into renting a car in Anchorage for July 2017. The 906 E 5th Ave- downtown branch and the 510 E. International airport Rd - south branch have better rates than the branch at the airport. Any suggestions on which would be the better option ? Has anyone ever picked up at a branch away from the airport , then returned it at the airport ? Thanks for any help.

In the past I have taken their free shuttle from the airport to their site away from the airport and have done the opposite when returning the car. Rates are higher I believe at the airport probably because of taxes and fees. It's been a while since I rented a car there but I think it is still the same.

Where are you going to be? If you have to use a cab for the downtown pick up, may not be the savings? Convenience is another issue? You will have to do a booking for price comparison of an airport drop off on your specific day.

We are doing a DIY tour later this month and have reserved a car at the Enterprise Rent-A-Car office at 906 5th Ave in Anc. My husband was told that the downtown Enterprise office would not pick us up at the airport. We are spending our first night at the Hampton Inn and their shuttle will pick us up at the airport. The car rental rate at the downtown Enterprise location was considerably cheaper than the rates quoted by the airport location--for us it is definitely worth a little inconvenience.

In the past we have done a one-way rental and turned our car in at the cruise ship port. Since our cruise this year is so late in the season they would not give us a one-way rental. We are spending our last night in Anchorage so we can turn the car in there.

Whatever you decide to do, I hope you enjoy your trip.

Where are you going to be? If you have to use a cab for the downtown pick up, may not be the savings? Convenience is another issue? You will have to do a booking for price comparison of an airport drop off on your specific day.

We are doing an Alaskan cruise first. I have contacted a company that will provide transfer to all of the Enterprise branches. I just wondered which of the two branches would be better location - the downtown or south branch ? When returning the car I read that we are responsible for the car until it is checked in, we will not be returning the car until both of those branches are closed. Because the airport branch is open later I was wondering if that would be a good option.. Our rental will start on a Saturday and returning on a Friday evening. Thank you

We are doing an Alaskan cruise first. I have contacted a company that will provide transfer to all of the Enterprise branches. I just wondered which of the two branches would be better location - the downtown or south branch ? When returning the car I read that we are responsible for the car until it is checked in, we will not be returning the car until both of those branches are closed. Because the airport branch is open later I was wondering if that would be a good option.. Our rental will start on a Saturday and returning on a Friday evening. Thank you

It really depends what you are doing after you pick up the car. Generally I like picking up at the E. International Airport Blvd. location since it is a short taxi ride to/from the airport and when returning, allows me to check in and drop off my checked luggage at the airport before returning the car. It doesn't take all that much longer since the location is fairly close to the airport.

If you are heading north after pick up, then downtown is slightly more convenient. If you are heading south after pick up, then the International Airport Blvd location is more convenient.

Re: Being responsible for the car until it is checked in

We always take several photos of the rental car when we turn it in even if there is an employee there to sign the rental receipt. We take photos of the odometer, gas gauge and the gas receipt w/date. We do this in case there are any questions later. Sometime ago I read an article about car rental companies claiming damages months later that they "are just now processing the paperwork."

So it might be of some benefit to photograph your rental car at the rental return area as proof that you returned it in good condition.

My husband has reserved a car in Anchorage for later this month with Enterprise. The rates at the airport location were considerably higher than the downtown location. Fortunately we can return the car during their office hours before we take the bus to Seward.

Re: Being responsible for the car until it is checked in

We always take several photos of the rental car when we turn it in even if there is an employee there to sign the rental receipt. We take photos of the odometer, gas gauge and the gas receipt w/date. We do this in case there are any questions later. Sometime ago I read an article about car rental companies claiming damages months later that they "are just now processing the paperwork."

So it might be of some benefit to photograph your rental car at the rental return area as proof that you returned it in good condition.

My husband has reserved a car in Anchorage for later this month with Enterprise. The rates at the airport location were considerably higher than the downtown location. Fortunately we can return the car during their office hours before we take the bus to Seward.

this is naive thinking, those photos, mean nothing. The car is yours until checked officially back in. IF someone takes a bat to your car in the middle of the night, do you really think= "look I have a photo of when I parked the car in your lot" "with the mileage etc".

the vendor is going to say- "oh, OK, it must have been someone else?".

As I mentioned, I'm getting full detailed reports from an underwriter/now claims supervisor relative. It doesn't fly with the common assumed myths.