Behind the Fun Tour

MoniMommy

Hello,

If offered I plan to sign up for the behind the fun tour on my 4 day cruise on the Sunshine. Does anyone know approximately what time the tour starts? I want to check to see if the kids camp will be open by then. I can only go if my children will be in camp. Thanks!

Hubby has done it three time on three different class ships. Each time it was on the last sea day and it started at 8:30 in the morning. Sign up first thing and then check the schedule for camp. You can always cancel and make someone very happy. Seems there is usually a waiting list. It also is scheduled about the same time as Dr. Seuss breakfast.

Hello,

If offered I plan to sign up for the behind the fun tour on my 4 day cruise on the Sunshine. Does anyone know approximately what time the tour starts? I want to check to see if the kids camp will be open by then. I can only go if my children will be in camp. Thanks!

MoniMommy, First of all I am on the same sailing as you. A coworker just returned last Monday and gave me all of his daily activity and excursion sheets. It appears that there are 16 slots to register for (very limited). It is on the last day (Sunday) and starts at 9:00AM. I plan to try and get in myself for this one.

MoniMommy, First of all I am on the same sailing as you. A coworker just returned last Monday and gave me all of his daily activity and excursion sheets. It appears that there are 16 slots to register for (very limited). It is on the last day (Sunday) and starts at 9:00AM. I plan to try and get in myself for this one.

Have fun! Looks like I will have to miss it as Camp Carnival doesn't start until 10 on sea days. I've heard that there are 2 tours of 16 people each. However, since this is such a short sailing perhaps there is only one tour.

Ours on the Dream started at 9 am, but there was also a second tour that day that started later than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well then there is a little hope for me. Maybe there will be one starting after 9. Kids Camp doesn't open until 10 on sea days.

When I sailed with just my daughter, I spoke to the Camp Carnival crew and explained that I wanted to do the Behind the Scenes tour, and they allowed me to drop my daughter off early enough to make it to the tour. If my memory serves me correctly, there is open play from 8-10 am, so they just welcomed her in.

When I sailed with just my daughter, I spoke to the Camp Carnival crew and explained that I wanted to do the Behind the Scenes tour, and they allowed me to drop my daughter off early enough to make it to the tour. If my memory serves me correctly, there is open play from 8-10 am, so they just welcomed her in.

Thank you! Does anyone know the cancellation policy? I am thinking that I will need to signup as soon as I board (or as soon as the excursion desk opens). If I find that Camp Carnival can't accommodate them, can I go back and cancel without penalty?

Thank you! Does anyone know the cancellation policy? I am thinking that I will need to signup as soon as I board (or as soon as the excursion desk opens). If I find that Camp Carnival can't accommodate them, can I go back and cancel without penalty?

I don't know the cancelation policy but I do give you a lot of credit for taking 2 little ones alone. I took my 8 year old (at the time ) and he is also joining me on my Thanksgiving cruise this year. My other child is 5 and I don't think he is really ready yet for long periods of time at the kids club alone. There are a lot of rules built into the kids clubs and they really can't help with things like bathroom visits and feeding and the like. They usually require some sort of phone communication in case of problem or emergency and I can easily see a long and expensive excursion being cut short.

oh, I hope that you can get everything worked out and go do the Behind the Fun Tour. So very interesting. Never knew most of the things that were explained. Was never bored even for a second on the tour.

I want to do another one again soon, maybe on the Vista.

I don't know the cancelation policy but I do give you a lot of credit for taking 2 little ones alone. I took my 8 year old (at the time ) and he is also joining me on my Thanksgiving cruise this year. My other child is 5 and I don't think he is really ready yet for long periods of time at the kids club alone. There are a lot of rules built into the kids clubs and they really can't help with things like bathroom visits and feeding and the like. They usually require some sort of phone communication in case of problem or emergency and I can easily see a long and expensive excursion being cut short.

Yes, I thought about that. I wondered how much bathroom assistance they give. My 4 year old is toilet trained but needs help with wiping and sometimes pulling up her clothes. My 2 year old is still in diaper and they do change diapers. I should start now helping my older one be able to use the bathroom independently. I hope to find out the cancellation policy. This way if Kids amp doesn't go well the first day or 2 I will cancel it. However, I have high hopes. They are both in the same age group so they will be together. In addition, they enjoy preschool (there from 9 to 3 each day) and I expect that camp will be even more fun that preschool

That's the main reason I am giving my 5 year old another year before I take him. On the other cruise line that I frequent, they say that if they have a problem of that type and cannot get hold of you immediately that they will utilize a nurse from the infirmary "at your expense " and are very clear about it. My little guy is going to kindergarten this year and the public school is requesting a change of clothes in case of an accident. My guy is pretty independent, but still needs a little help cleaning himself. FYI, my now 9 year old is still a little immature but I put him to bed last year on the ship around 8 o clock and he was passed out immediately. I then went out and did adult things and checked the cabin every hour or so.

That's the main reason I am giving my 5 year old another year before I take him. On the other cruise line that I frequent, they say that if they have a problem of that type and cannot get hold of you immediately that they will utilize a nurse from the infirmary "at your expense " and are very clear about it. My little guy is going to kindergarten this year and the public school is requesting a change of clothes in case of an accident. My guy is pretty independent, but still needs a little help cleaning himself. FYI, my now 9 year old is still a little immature but I put him to bed last year on the ship around 8 o clock and he was passed out immediately. I then went out and did adult things and checked the cabin every hour or so.

Is that policy on the carnival? Thanks!

I don't see why there would be a penalty if you cancel shortly after booking to allow your spot to go to someone else. This will give you time to get more information once on board. My tour was later in the cruise even though I was immediately charged at booking and tickets delivered to my cabin the night before the tour.

I'm sure you can cancel in advance. We didn't realize we had booked the tour at the same time as we had booked Dr Suess breakfast and when we realized that (a few days before the tour and breakfast) we went down and cancelled the good Dr. (was a little sad bc I am a big nerd and loved Dr Suess as a kid lol - but the tour was well worth it and got rid of my sad right quick) and they credited our S&S right there. (or, more likely, didn't ever charge it as I think they don't charge until the day you do a thing. 1 or 2.) At any rate, they didn't penalize us for canceling Suess.

granted, that's them losing ten bucks to make 180 bucks but I think they'd have done it either way.

No, it is NCL but I see a lot of similarities in the rules

Thanks! I chose Carnival because they change diapers. The other's don't. My 4 year old hasn't had a potty accident since she became fully trained. I am required to keep an extra set of clothes at school too but she doesn't use them. In my case I don't have the option to leave them. There would be no one at home to watch them. Can't wait for the trip and enjoy your trip!

I'm sure you can cancel in advance. We didn't realize we had booked the tour at the same time as we had booked Dr Suess breakfast and when we realized that (a few days before the tour and breakfast) we went down and cancelled the good Dr. (was a little sad bc I am a big nerd and loved Dr Suess as a kid lol - but the tour was well worth it and got rid of my sad right quick) and they credited our S&S right there. (or, more likely, didn't ever charge it as I think they don't charge until the day you do a thing. 1 or 2.) At any rate, they didn't penalize us for canceling Suess.

granted, that's them losing ten bucks to make 180 bucks but I think they'd have done it either way.

Thank you. Anyone know what time the shore excursions desk opens on embarkation day?

Thank you. Anyone know what time the shore excursions desk opens on embarkation day?

If the shore excursion desk is not open, go to Guest Services. They can book it for you there ( along with any other shore excursions you want )

If the shore excursion desk is not open, go to Guest Services. They can book it for you there ( along with any other shore excursions you want )

Thank you. I did not know you could book at Guest Services. Is the Guest Service and shore excursion desk near each other?

Thank you. I did not know you could book at Guest Services. Is the Guest Service and shore excursion desk near each other?

It should be on the other side of the atrium lobby. So very close to each other.

Keep in mind it will be crowded at embarkation, as people do room swaps, apply gift cards, apply cash to their accounts, and a variety of other requests.