DCL Fantasy - Suggestions

RJake1

Just back from cruise. Great Ship! Great staff! So please don't think this is negative. However, a couple of observations:

1) Comment Cards - How about actually including some space for guests to write comments? As is, its basically just a survey. Maybe they should rename the things "Survey Cards" instead.

2) Public Restrooms: Attendants standing outside every public restroom? I get the positives - cleanliness, security. But it made me and some others feel a little uncomfortable. They hold the door open, they come in while you're "engaged". Almost made me feel like they were timing me!!

Just back from cruise. Great Ship! Great staff! So please don't think this is negative. However, a couple of observations:

1) Comment Cards - How about actually including some space for guests to write comments? As is, its basically just a survey. Maybe they should rename the things "Survey Cards" instead.

2) Public Restrooms: Attendants standing outside every public restroom? I get the positives - cleanliness, security. But it made me and some others feel a little uncomfortable. They hold the door open, they come in while you're "engaged". Almost made me feel like they were timing me!!

1) I agree. That's one reason I take additional paper along (or use the letterhead paper in the desk drawer) to put my comments.

2) I like that the attendants are there. They are friendly (in my experience) I've never felt like they were timing me. And I like that someone is there to keep things cleaned up. Generally I find women's restrooms extremely dirty - splashed water on the counter, wet fingerprints on the door handle, paper towels that missed the trash can. I don't find that on Disney ships.

Wow , I wish other cruise lines would do this . [emoji846]

For the comment cards, they maybe should include a piece of paper along with it, or place it on the Stateroom note pad from the draw?

The bathrooms. They are just trying to keep the sanitisation at very high levels due to noro. It's bad you felt uncomfortable with them there, but the other end of it not being that way is you feeling VERY uncomfortable in a bathroom sick! At both ends!

No need to feel they are watching you, just cleaning up, and remember, I'm sure they wish they were somewhere else too!

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

Sorry; Love the bathroom attendants on DCL. Rarely find them obtrusive, more rarely ever aboard other ships. For a reason.

DCL plus 1. Others minus 1.

This fact is often overlooked by the DCL nuts ironically.

The public baths are always pristine. Why?

Well, some just learned why. Someone is always there. Servicing said bath. Therefore results.

Sounds simple, but other lines fall short.

In fact on the DCL nut board, it is recommended to visit every public bathroom. I wonder why?

Perhaps because they are all custom built without a limited budget.

Imagine that. Each and every one on the baths on the new builds is worthy of a visits if you are into that sort of thing.

Every one is different.

Designed, implemented, fabricated, framed, sealed, tiled, installed, trimmed out, and presented to to teee. All with labor that cared. With an unlimited budget. Imagine.

All different. All unique.

I thought it was a joke till I saw it for my self.

DCL does bathrooms.

I haven't seen that overall on other lines I have sailed, IME.

I must admit DCL knows how to do bathrooms.

Build, and service.

So it's no surprise they would want to protect them, with an attendant.

For those not in the know, they follow this into the cabins too.

IOW, excursion 101, public baths on DCL. Sounds silly till you see them.

Enjoy the excursion.

Edited by bear3412