Slight inconvenience with gift cards

Razor_Poke

I have had mixed results even at the same time with the kiosks. In December on the Magic I applied some of my cards at the kiosk but others would not work so I went to GS and had no problem there. All bought from AARP and same denominations. In March on the Dream none of mine would work at the kiosk but again worked just fine at GS.

i just had an interesting experience on the Legend with Gift Cards. I had a bunch of them and went to the GS to apply to my account. The gentlemen that was assisting left me standing there for quite some time came back and stated that he had to email them the numbers to validate them and it would take at least 24 hours. I never experience that before. I told him i was going to try the Kiosk. I went to the Kiosk and was able to apply some of them but not all of them. I'm thinking they have a limit on how many you can apply at one time. So i waited a bit walked back up to GS when he wasn't there and the next GS rep said sure no problem would you like a receipt with all of them. I said sure. He ran each one through and signed and when it was completed he handed me all the receipts. Of course i went down for something else when the first GS rep was there and was in the Platinum line. Someone walked up to the regular line after me and he asked who was first. Well i'm not one to say anything but the other guest said she was he first. Well first off i should have been taken first anyway with being in the Platinum line. He was the most unpleasant GS rep i have ever had. Oh on that stop there i had asked for extra luggage tags - number 1 and he said are you sure you are number 1. Well yes i am they are blue with a 1 on them but there are 3 of us in the room and we only got 3. Aren't all platinum guests number 1. I had my card out in plain sight. Anyway i was able to use my gift cards at both the Kiosk and GS (with the right person) :)

I am afraid to use CC's in port. I have been thinking about getting gift cards to use instead. Are we talking Vista/MC gift cards like you can purchase anywhere? I will probably use a real CC for my account on the ship. Do you know how much of a hold they put on it? It'll be for an 8 day cruise.

I am afraid to use CC's in port. I have been thinking about getting gift cards to use instead. Are we talking Vista/MC gift cards like you can purchase anywhere? I will probably use a real CC for my account on the ship. Do you know how much of a hold they put on it? It'll be for an 8 day cruise.

This thread is talking specifically about Carnival gift cards for on board purchases. These can be plastic or "E" gift cards you get in email. Absolutely nothing here being discussed that can be used on shore while on your cruise.