Rental Car Question?

nware411

I am sailing out of Port Canaveral next year on the magic and I have been searching on these forums high and low to find my answer, but can't. For those of you that do a rental car, how far out do you reserve to get the best rate. I am almost looking at a year out so its at the tail end of how far out they book and the rates are really high. I have looked at other weekends to see if it's a forecast busy weekend and it's relatively the same. If I only look a month or so out its more then half the price of what I am looking at. Any suggestions?

You can never tell with car rental rates. Some time they go up and some time they come down. I usually book a car as soon as I know the date that I need it and then every month or two check on the rate and rebook if the rate improves and cancel the original reservation.

In my experiences we usually reserve as soon as we have our sailing dates. It is usually a year out. I then go back and check the rates about a month before the departure date and if I find something cheaper available I then book it and cancel my previous reservation. We also rent a vehicle at almost every port we visit and do the exact same thing.

Edited by rtap23

In my experiences we usually reserve as soon as we have our sailing dates. It is usually a year out. I then go back and check the rates about a month before the departure date and if I find something cheaper available I then book it and cancel my previous reservation. We also rent a vehicle at almost every port we visit and do the exact same thing.

Any recommendations of car rental close to port.... I see Vocoa Beach, Titisville,,, txs