Sea Sickness

CozGurl

After I tell you my remedy, please check with your physician due to any medications you may take. You don't want a reaction.

My remedy: I take bonine at bedtime. I also take ginger pills at every meal. I don't know if the bonine makes you sleepy or not because I take it at night.

I start this a couple days before the cruise and continue a day or two after. Works like a charm. Haven't been seasick in 8 cruises.

I have ginger candy and got my dr to right a prescription for the patch, which is $45 with insurance. This will be my first time on the patch hope it works. Over the counter doesn't work for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My BFF gets car sick very easily but takes Bonine (not drowsy at all) at night and ginger root 3 times a day. She starts the ginger root a few days before the cruise starts. She's cruised with me 3 times so far and has never been sick at all, and we've had some rough seas. It's all in the prevention, once you're sick it's hard to treat.

I had the patch prior to surgery once and it made me so dizzy and light headed I had to take it off.

My daughter (17) just started with car sickness and air sickness, about 5 years ago.

Anything longer than 1 hour in either, she needs her ginger gum......

Oddly enough, cruising doesn't effect her..........:confused::confused:

Ginger gum is available at Walgreens and other large drug stores.

Barely any flavor, but it works like a charm......

Good luck!!!!:D

I have always used Less Drowsy Dramamine with great results. It is Meclizine 25 mg. I typically take it in the morning when I take my other meds and I don't have any problems with drowsiness.

Dramamine less drowsy = meclizine 25mg.

Bonine = meclizine 25mg

Same thing. I find generic meclizine in WalMart, it's cheaper.

My son has motion sickness and a slew of allergies, so we were hesitant to give him any meds. We ended up booking in the middle of the ship, on a lower floor, he had no motion sickness in the room. We picked up seabandz that he wore for around the ship and we had no problems! I did bring gravel with ginger for myself though just in case.

I take Bonine just in case consistently on the cruise. It works great. No drowsiness or side effects at all. Not sure if you're technically supposed to but we get the Cheers and I drink plenty with it too... I think it actually helps avoid feeling alcohol sick too, lol, and never had any issue with taking it while sunning, adventuring, drinking, etc. Bonine is magic.

This interests me too. I've been on Enchantment OTS twice and Freedom OTS once. People are so quick to try to convince you that you can't feel anything. For some maybe so but not for me. I could feel enchantment the first day as well as Freedom. After that the 1st two cruises I was fine. The second time on EOS in November of 15 the seas were extremely rough and I was sick pretty much the whole time. Next cruise I'm gonna ask my dr. for the patch. Of course next cruise is on Oasis so I should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm the last person that should be cruising due to my sensitivity to at sickness, seasickness, etc. I can walk into a house being built and tell you if the basement floor is level lol...and I can't watch anyone on a merry go round. I take Bonine, I have the patch, and I get my doctor to give me anti nausea medicine so I have it just in case. A lot depends on the weather too so even if you don't get seasick, rough seas can get to anyone. Lol I have to use the grab handles in the shower sometimes even when docked. Another thing to consider no matter what cruise line, ship size, time of year, etc. is to get a Mid a Ship room, balcony if you can, and as low of a deck as possible.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For a non-medication approach, try eating apple slices and crackers - the bland kind they serve with soup. On my first ever cruise, we hit some rough seas and my room steward took one look at my face and said he'd be right back with a tray of sliced, green apples and crackers. Not sure why that combination works, but it did!