Elite Laundry ?

lovey1103

So, under the theory that the elite perks are only for the elite person and not for the cabin, an elite status couple traveling with their gold status child leaves them behind for the elite/suite boarding area? They have the perk, the child does not. Silly question, but similar issue.

Oh, Princess USED TO ENFORCE this very strictly: they absolutely INSISTED that parents leave their minor children behind, to board with the non-elites all by themselves. The security staff in embarkation ports were TRAINED to firmly and confidently explain that it's the policy put in place by Jan Schwartz. Even if the children cried and screamed, the non-pulsed port employees would not let them join their parents. At the same time the staff encouraged the parents to enjoy their Elite status and relax in the lounge with a cup of coffee and danish. They assured the parents that the kids would catch up with them later on the ship.

Rumor has it that all was fine. Parents seemed happy to leave the kids and be able to enjoy some peace and quiet..... until the one day that some guest awaiting embarkation secretly called Child Protective Services to anonymously report what was happening. And as crazy as it all may seem, the children reported were actually MICKEY ARISON's GRANDCHILDREN!!! And while I wasn't there to hear it myself, I understand that the conversation in the Elite pre-boarding lounge between Mr. Arison and the two CPS agents was NOT pleasant; I'm sure he really didn't enjoy his coffee and danish THAT morning!

As a result.. and ...After several Carnival Corp special board meetings where Jan presented elaborate Powerpoint presentations, it was decided unanimously that it didn't cost Princess anything except maybe a danish (but just on occasion since kids don't like them... and certainly no cost for the coffee since kids usually don't drink it.) And so because it was minimal cost, they decided that they would modify the policy and allow non-Elite minors traveling with Elite parents to accompany their parents for boarding.

Interesting fact: at one of the regular board meetings prior to the incident and the specially convened meetings, someone tried to change the policy arguing that it was JUST COMMON SENSE to allow the minors to stay with their parents. That was a long meeting with heated discussion. One point made that took considerable time was: "If we allow minors of the Elites, then the Elites would think they could extend this to include all of their non-Elite friends traveling in other cabins to also join them for Elite boarding!" Others countered and said: "No! Our Elites have COMMON SENSE, and they certainly can distinguish between minor children and non-elite adults in other cabins. Our Elites would NEVER try to take advantage of the system!" Not everyone was convinced. So that's why it didn't change at the regular meeting.

And since this minor child issue is SO SIMILAR to the Elite Laundry issue, it is actually RUMORED that the powers that be at Cruise Critic hired lobbyists to attend the special board meetings on the subject of non-elite children in the Elite boarding area, to fight for Princes to at-the-same-time to extend laundry privileges to a non-elite member traveling in the cabin of an Elite member WITH THE STIPULATION that it be limited to three non-elite items per day.

So you ask yourself: "Why would CC go to this expense and effort for the policy change?" Pure rumors and speculation here, but ...Well... very simple reason that many of you probably have figured out....

Can't you just IMAGINE the VOLUME of POSTINGS that would ensue on the topic of the new 3 item limit for non-elite laundry in an Elite Laundry bag:

-"Oh I just tie the long sleeves of two shirts together and then it counts as one."

-"Does a pair of socks count as one or two toward the limit of three?"

-"Ha! I send out three pair of pants with deep pockets that I stuffed with 7 t-shirts and four pairs of underwear and got away with it!"

-"My husband bought me this matching set of bra and panties and I always have them cleaned together so shouldn't that technically be one."

-"I went late night and cleaned them myself in the self-serve laundry."

-"What's a good coffee shop near the laundromat in Cozumel?"

-" tetrachloroethylene is a very bad chemical and you should NEVER dry clean your clothes."

-"A pair of shorts should only count as half an item since the pant legs are only half as long as a set of trousers."

And that's just the tip. Internal statistics at CC show a gloomy forecast, with fears that CC posters are tiring of discussions concerning Beverage Policy and Formal Night Dress Policy. So a new topic like Elite Laundry with a 3 item non-elite limit was projected to boost postings.

But that policy change never went into place. Common sense told the board members that even an increase of ONE item of non-elite laundry would COST something and potentially displace revenue. The lobbyists were laughed out of the room when they tried to point out similarities between non-elite laundry in Elite Laundry and non-elite minors in the Elite boarding area.

So I REPEAT... technically the policy to this day is that the Elite Laundry perk is not intended for the non-elite cabin mate.

:p:p:p WHOEVER SAID A SILLY QUESTION DOESN'T DESERVE A SILLY ANSWER??? :):):)

Oh, Princess USED TO ENFORCE this very strictly: they absolutely INSISTED that parents leave their minor children behind, to board with the non-elites all by themselves. The security staff in embarkation ports were TRAINED to firmly and confidently explain that it's the policy put in place by Jan Schwartz. Even if the children cried and screamed, the non-pulsed port employees would not let them join their parents. At the same time the staff encouraged the parents to enjoy their Elite status and relax in the lounge with a cup of coffee and danish. They assured the parents that the kids would catch up with them later on the ship.

Rumor has it that all was fine. Parents seemed happy to leave the kids and be able to enjoy some peace and quiet..... until the one day that some guest awaiting embarkation secretly called Child Protective Services to anonymously report what was happening. And as crazy as it all may seem, the children reported were actually MICKEY ARISON's GRANDCHILDREN!!! And while I wasn't there to hear it myself, I understand that the conversation in the Elite pre-boarding lounge between Mr. Arison and the two CPS agents was NOT pleasant; I'm sure he really didn't enjoy his coffee and danish THAT morning!

As a result.. and ...After several Carnival Corp special board meetings where Jan presented elaborate Powerpoint presentations, it was decided unanimously that it didn't cost Princess anything except maybe a danish (but just on occasion since kids don't like them... and certainly no cost for the coffee since kids usually don't drink it.) And so because it was minimal cost, they decided that they would modify the policy and allow non-Elite minors traveling with Elite parents to accompany their parents for boarding.

Interesting fact: at one of the regular board meetings prior to the incident and the specially convened meetings, someone tried to change the policy arguing that it was JUST COMMON SENSE to allow the minors to stay with their parents. That was a long meeting with heated discussion. One point made that took considerable time was: "If we allow minors of the Elites, then the Elites would think they could extend this to include all of their non-Elite friends traveling in other cabins to also join them for Elite boarding!" Others countered and said: "No! Our Elites have COMMON SENSE, and they certainly can distinguish between minor children and non-elite adults in other cabins. Our Elites would NEVER try to take advantage of the system!" Not everyone was convinced. So that's why it didn't change at the regular meeting.

And since this minor child issue is SO SIMILAR to the Elite Laundry issue, it is actually RUMORED that the powers that be at Cruise Critic hired lobbyists to attend the special board meetings on the subject of non-elite children in the Elite boarding area, to fight for Princes to at-the-same-time to extend laundry privileges to a non-elite member traveling in the cabin of an Elite member WITH THE STIPULATION that it be limited to three non-elite items per day.

So you ask yourself: "Why would CC go to this expense and effort for the policy change?" Pure rumors and speculation here, but ...Well... very simple reason that many of you probably have figured out....

Can't you just IMAGINE the VOLUME of POSTINGS that would ensue on the topic of the new 3 item limit for non-elite laundry in an Elite Laundry bag:

-"Oh I just tie the long sleeves of two shirts together and then it counts as one."

-"Does a pair of socks count as one or two toward the limit of three?"

-"Ha! I send out three pair of pants with deep pockets that I stuffed with 7 t-shirts and four pairs of underwear and got away with it!"

-"My husband bought me this matching set of bra and panties and I always have them cleaned together so shouldn't that technically be one."

-"I went late night and cleaned them myself in the self-serve laundry."

-"What's a good coffee shop near the laundromat in Cozumel?"

-" tetrachloroethylene is a very bad chemical and you should NEVER dry clean your clothes."

-"A pair of shorts should only count as half an item since the pant legs are only half as long as a set of trousers."

And that's just the tip. Internal statistics at CC show a gloomy forecast, with fears that CC posters are tiring of discussions concerning Beverage Policy and Formal Night Dress Policy. So a new topic like Elite Laundry with a 3 item non-elite limit was projected to boost postings.

But that policy change never went into place. Common sense told the board members that even an increase of ONE item of non-elite laundry would COST something and potentially displace revenue. The lobbyists were laughed out of the room when they tried to point out similarities between non-elite laundry in Elite Laundry and non-elite minors in the Elite boarding area.

So I REPEAT... technically the policy to this day is that the Elite Laundry perk is not intended for the non-elite cabin mate.

:p:p:p WHOEVER SAID A SILLY QUESTION DOESN'T DESERVE A SILLY ANSWER??? :):):)

Tie two shirts together and count them as one... Best. Line. Of. The Week!!!!

So, under the theory that the elite perks are only for the elite person and not for the cabin, an elite status couple traveling with their gold status child leaves them behind for the elite/suite boarding area? They have the perk, the child does not. Silly question, but similar issue.

From the Princess Website:

Princess Cruises Captain's Circle Program Terms and Conditions

Persons under the age of 18 are not eligible to participate in the Program.

Hence: there is no such thing as a "gold status child" It's just a myth similar to the "Magical Elite Status Cabin"

From the Princess Website:

Princess Cruises Captain's Circle Program Terms and Conditions

Persons under the age of 18 are not eligible to participate in the Program.

Hence: there is no such thing as a "gold status child" It's just a myth similar to the "Magical Elite Status Cabin"

That's interesting. Because when I log in to my information for next year's cruise, my child, who is currently 15, is listed as Gold Status. Guess Princess is confused.

That's interesting. Because when I log in to my information for next year's cruise, my child, who is currently 15, is listed as Gold Status. Guess Princess is confused.

Blue, Gold, Ruby, Platinum, Elite are also used for cruise/days sailed counts.

"Participation" in the program implies enjoyment of status level benefits.

Were your minor child to sail 16 times and receive an Elite colored card and sail in a cabin with a Ruby status adult, your minor child would NOT get the mini-bar set-up, nor the internet minutes.

And just to nip this in the bud....

If you were to review the Gold Level benefits you will find:

Access to a Circle Host Onboard

We are committed to making your vacation experience with us a special one - that’s why, onboard every vessel, there is a Circle Host, a representative of the Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle, ready to make sure that you receive all the benefits to which you are entitled.

I'm pretty sure the Circle Host would answer any question your "child with a gold card" may ask--- probably even without showing the card.

Probably. The web site is not all that accurate sometimes. My grandchildren are Ruby/Platinum, but they get blue cards. (This is a bone of contention with the 10 year-olds.:))

Probably. The web site is not all that accurate sometimes. My grandchildren are Ruby/Platinum, but they get blue cards. (This is a bone of contention with the 10 year-olds.:))

Thank you. When your grandchildren turn 18, are they credited with last cruises?

We are elite and always stay in a suite and our laundry has always been back the next day, sometimes the same day. We send out a small bag every 2 days usually. Wife will not send most things due to shes scared they will ruin them. I send everything and have never had a problem including suits.

We are elite and always stay in a suite and our laundry has always been back the next day, sometimes the same day. We send out a small bag every 2 days usually. Wife will not send most things due to shes scared they will ruin them. I send everything and have never had a problem including suits.

You don't have a problem with laundry turn-around time because you are in a suite. Suite laundry has priority over Elite laundry. According to the Princess Suite flyer, passengers in a full suite receive "Complimentary same-day laundry and professional cleaning services". Elite members do not receive same-day service.

You don't have a problem with laundry turn-around time because you are in a suite. Suite laundry has priority over Elite laundry. According to the Princess Suite flyer, passengers in a full suite receive "Complimentary same-day laundry and professional cleaning services". Elite members do not receive same-day service.

Thanks for the info.