SOLO transpotation Port Canaveral to Disney World

canyoncam

I am trying to figure cheapest way to get from Port to Disney after my cruise. I will be solo meeting my friend at Disney. Renting a car would have to be excellent deal, but I really dont see one yet for under $100 (traveling May 2017) I don't plan on using the car once at WDW as we are staying onsite and I hate driving on vacation anyway. Taxi and even UBER would be too pricey solo.

I was thinking I could book cruise line shuttle (Carnival) back to MCO then take Disney ME to my resort, but I see they need flight info with that. Could I just pick a flight close to time i'd like to be back? My concern is in reading the agreement it states they are not responsible for guests who provide inaccurate flight info. I am sure that is just to cover their end if a gust misses a flight but it got me worried nonetheless.

Any one with thoughts or suggestions?

I have read (and will continue to look for more recent info which I can't locate ATM) that you can ride the DME (as long as you're staying at their resort) even without reservations. Please look at this forum even though it's two years old as the phone number is probably the same. I'd researched this topic several months ago for a friend to do exactly as you plan and found that it is doable. You can either walk up with your luggage, or (preferred, IMO) make reservations based on a flight that would arrive around your arrival time. ...the most recent info. So far, I've found Cortrans from PC to MCO to be the most reasonable price wise.

Edited by Rhea98

Thanks. I should have specified I would make res for DME as I have the onsite reservation and actually have used it back to MCO once with a dummy flight in the reverse WDW first and a RCI cruise after.

For whatever reason, I couldn't find an independent shuttle service from PC to MCO in my search which is why I came here. As usual the boards are where we get our answers!!!

If you are a costco member, they usually have better rental car rates, and even better if you check them daily...sometimes twice a day as you get in the 60 day window. If you rent from Alamo, you can return it the Alamo location on Disney property. They will shuttle you anywhere on property you want to go afterwards. I find Budget usually has the better rates at PC.....You'd have to return it to MCO. Or..there are a few Budget locations near WDW, but if they are too busy to shuttle you back, Uber may be your solution to get back to WDW.

If you are cruising DCL they have a shuttle to the parks for 35...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Edited by dpcmh