Hertz rental return at FLL/taxi to pier

TACMS

We will be renting a car in Florida and driving to the cruise; returning the car at Ft Lauderdale airport (Hertz rental). Is it hard to grab a taxi from there to the pier? Do we have a long walk (with luggage) from the rental return location (garage?) to where the taxis are located?

Ā 

Thank you...

We will be renting a car in Florida and driving to the cruise; returning the car at Ft Lauderdale airport (Hertz rental). Is it hard to grab a taxi from there to the pier? Do we have a long walk (with luggage) from the rental return location (garage?) to where the taxis are located?

Ā 

Thank you...

Ā 

Any reason you need to use the FLL Hertz location...and not consider returning it to the 24th Street location (Crowne Plaza Hotel) ?

Edited by Ashland

In addition to my post above...since the Hertz location is at the Crowne Plaza hotel you should have no trouble getting a taxi (they should be out front..at most hotels they are and should be no more than a few $'s the port is very close)...but I don't think you'll have any trouble getting on the free shuttle...We have done this a few times and with 2-6 of us at Thrifty/Dollar easily and it's a larger more heavily used location.

Any reason you need to use the FLL Hertz location...and not consider returning it to the 24th Street location (Crowne Plaza Hotel) ?

Ā 

No reason I used airport rather than Crowne Plaza other than I didn't know of it when booked rental. I knew of the Hertz rental/return outside the pier (17 street?) ..... But they couldn't guarantee shuttle space/taxi. I'm trying to find best/easiest way to return the rental car and get to port for the ship (Allure)....

No reason I used airport rather than Crowne Plaza other than I didn't know of it when booked rental. I knew of the Hertz rental/return outside the pier (17 street?) ..... But they couldn't guarantee shuttle space/taxi. I'm trying to find best/easiest way to return the rental car and get to port for the ship (Allure)....

Ā 

Crowne Plaza is on 24th Street (455 State Road to be exact) not 17th Street...I think my suggestion would actually work out the easiest for you..Hertz isn't going to "guarantee" this but this shouldn't be a concern for you...It will work out easier than you think...stop stressing :)..Should be easy to change return locations. Best of luck :)

Edited by Ashland

Compare your rate against Budget. You can pick up the car at the airport (or other Florida location) and drop it off at the location on 17th street for no charge. They have a free shuttle to the ship. I've used them many times. The drop off location is called Port Everglades Cruise Shuttle EV3. Note that the way the shuttle works is that there isn't a reservation. The shuttles will be there in the parking lot. Super easy.

Ā 

You can find the latest discount codes on Retailmenot and other places.

Ā 

But it is easy to grab a taxi from the airport if that's what you want to do.

Ā 

If you are renting over a weekend, here's some coupons you can add in addition to the BCD codes - $10 off 2 days (including Saturday) MUWZ164. If it's 1 weekend day $5 MUWZ163. I would try every BCD code you find to get the best deal. Also, rental prices drop so keep checking - right up to the last week.

Ā 

Updated - here's some BCD codes you can try - D822100, Y508501, U100700 (weekly rental), U112000. Again, check around to see if you can find other codes as well.

Edited by iluvcruzin

Compare your rate against Budget. You can pick up the car at the airport (or other Florida location) and drop it off at the location on 17th street for no charge. They have a free shuttle to the ship. I've used them many times. The drop off location is called Port Everglades Cruise Shuttle EV3. Note that the way the shuttle works is that there isn't a reservation. The shuttles will be there in the parking lot. Super easy.

Ā 

You can find the latest discount codes on Retailmenot and other places.

Ā 

But it is easy to grab a taxi from the airport if that's what you want to do.

Ā 

If you are renting over a weekend, here's some coupons you can add in addition to the BCD codes - $10 off 2 days (including Saturday) MUWZ164. If it's 1 weekend day $5 MUWZ163. I would try every BCD code you find to get the best deal. Also, rental prices drop so keep checking - right up to the last week.

Ā 

Updated - here's some BCD codes you can try - D822100, Y508501, U100700 (weekly rental), U112000. Again, check around to see if you can find other codes as well.

Ā 

Also if OP is a member of Costco they might price it with them too...we've gotten our best deal on Budget with them rather than using one of these codes... ;)

Also if OP is a member of Costco they might price it with them too...we've gotten our best deal on Budget with them rather than using one of these codes... ;)

Ā 

Here's Costco's BCD Code: W852802. Enter this on the Budget site instead of going through their site. You can add coupons to it like the ones I've shared above. No one checks for membership validation if you book it with the rental car directly. I've used Costco codes in the past with no membership.

Here's Costco's BCD Code: W852802. Enter this on the Budget site instead of going through their site. You can add coupons to it like the ones I've shared above. No one checks for membership validation if you book it with the rental car directly. I've used Costco codes in the past with no membership.

Ā 

Thanks for the codes...however...your code for weekday MUWZ163 expired 12-15-15 ;)

I used it this spring with no problem. I have used these coupon codes for years. I can't say why it doesn't work for you.

Ā 

I input the Costco code (no problem) and then the weekday discount code you gave and it said expired and the date it did. I don't need the rental until March 2017 so between now and then I'll try as many options as I can...Thanks again.

Thank you everyone for all the information. I knew this (Cruise Critic) would be the place to go.....

Ā 

I have decided to change my drop off location to the Crowne Plaza on 24th street (thank you). I am using Hertz versus other rentals because of the discount I get from them through my Union. Better than what Budget, Avis or would give me (and still cheaper than others).

Ā 

A little over a week to go......Allure of the Seas here we come!!šŸ˜ŽšŸ¹šŸŽ‰

Thank you everyone for all the information. I knew this (Cruise Critic) would be the place to go.....

Ā 

I have decided to change my drop off location to the Crowne Plaza on 24th street (thank you). I am using Hertz versus other rentals because of the discount I get from them through my Union. Better than what Budget, Avis or would give me (and still cheaper than others).

Ā 

A little over a week to go......Allure of the Seas here we come!!šŸ˜ŽšŸ¹šŸŽ‰

Ā 

Glad it all worked out for you :)