Princess does read our comments!

caber

If you do not use your real name which CC management tells you not to, how does anyone in the cruise industry know who you are? I've never told anyone on any cruise what my CC screen name is nor will I ever. I've only been to one meet and greet and still no one knew my real life name or my screen name,when asked I refused to give it.

Just wondering why you would care if Princess knows your screen name on CC? :confused:

Sometimes, I think Princess knows more about me than I know about myself. :rolleyes:..:D

LuLu

Sorry, my DW and I both said, we wouldn't be walking for any charity on a cruise. It's a vacation. We could do this at home, not on a vacation.

agree with this 100% - I spend my working life taking care of others and do plenty of charity work all year round - vacation time is for me.

Just wondering why you would care if Princess knows your screen name on CC? :confused:

Sometimes, I think Princess knows more about me than I know about myself. :rolleyes:..:D

LuLu

I'm a fairly private person. DH and I don't like being asked a lot of questions about ourselves. DH does like to talk about his Navy days with other military men and women on board. I've never been asked by any crew member if I was a member of CC. I did get involved with printing out boarding passes on our last cruise. I was on the only computer that was working, and one of the people I helped out said she was a member of CC. She was quite testy and frustrated. I never said anything, they just handed over their credit card to pay for their luggage and I was happy to help them out.:D

Remember, it's less painful to just smile big and wave at that neighbor you just can't stand.

You don't know my neighbor. They accused me of stealing their dog. LOL! The dog they let run loose and who doesn't like them either. So, I wouldn't give them the time of day.:cool:

You don't know my neighbor. They accused me of stealing their dog. LOL! The dog they let run loose and who doesn't like them either. So, I wouldn't give them the time of day.:cool:

I THINK I remember reading a post by you where you claimed to have taken their dog and eaten it.

Point that I was making on topic was that CC is not as loved as they think. At best they're tolerated.

Subsequent posts seem to concur.

I walk 5 miles a day at a minimum on a cruise, walking never cured my sister of breast cancer. I really do hate these gimmick walkathons, maybe people are catching on to the scam. I walk for myself and think about my sister who loved to cruise. It just makes me sad.:(

P&O australia do not do this BUT when you look at your statement you find the first item is a deduction of $1 each for Save the Children Fund

That's funny! I don't think anyone has ever asked me if I'm a CC member. I don't think I've ever asked anyone either. The only exceptions would be roll call things, but I don't attend those as a rule. Now, I have recognized some people on cruises from their avatar pictures, but I haven't spoken to them about it.

Haven't been to a recent Princess Roll Call. They really don't make much effort these days. But other cruise companies really embrace the idea and look after frequent cruisers who join their CC Roll Call.

Out of curiosity OP - who was the current Captain & Staff Captain on the Regal?

Commodore Romano is in charge and the Staff Captain is Giovanni (forgotten his last name), a nice young Italian. We were really lucky to be invited to the most travelled passenger lunch. We don`t very often make the cut these days but there were lots of blue cards about on this cruise.

To the poster who mentioned bugs, we had a problem on the aft balcony with little flies. They got into the cabin at every opportunity. I phoned down asking to have the balcony sprayed. Someone came up and told me they don`t spray but he swatted them with a towel. He told us they come aboard in St Petersburg. When we got to St. Petersburg more flies appeared. They were bigger versions of the ones we had had. Maybe they find a nice place to breed.

We just had to be extra carefully when we went on and off the balcony.

Edited by caber

Especially when the questions become openly hostile and critical.

What really finished it for me was the time, three winters ago, when someone came on Cruise Critic all upset because the ship's captain had not attended their Meet and Greet. They raised such a stink about it that Captain Nash's wife (who at least then read here) told him he needed to get to every Meet and Greet. Honestly, I was embarrassed for all of us.

Cruise Critic members are no more special than any other passenger on the ship. Elites are no more special than any other passenger in the ship. MTP's are no more special than any other passenger on the ship.

Very well said:D