Dear CELEBRITY Santa...we at CC have a list.

Danno

thanks everyone...it's going to be a tough night...so nice to have friends

I just happened to be passing through this thread and saw your post. I'm so sorry. Our pets become such a part of us that it's so hard to lose them. Me, Liberty the dog, and the three cats, Harley, Taz and Moo are sending our thoughts your way.

A sincere thank you to all my friends...I would be lying if I said I'm coping really well, but I'm coping...I still get choked up from time to time, but my thoughts seem to be drifting more to the good times, rather than that terrible few minutes at the vets office...all in good time.

When our oh-so-lovable, oh-so-dumb Golden Retriever, Radar, had to be put to sleep at 13 1/2, we swore that we would never get another pet - how could we ever find another Radar?

Then we moved into a condo and that made our decision even easier. We're not the kind of people who can keep a dog in a condo.

2 1/2 years ago, we visited a local animal shelter because it was a Saturday afternoon, we were bored and we were in the neighborhood and we still loved to say hello to the dogs.

The line to get in to the dog area was long and we were waiting in the area where the cats were caged. Out of a cage came a long orange paw with a white sock on the end - poking very gently at my wife (who is not a cat person). Well, we took him out of the cage and he curled up in my wife's lap for 45 minutes. Guess who we took home. Yep, a 16 pound 5 year old ginger cat named Beamer (that's the name he came with -do you see any coincidence to the fact that that our dog was named Radar?).

Beamer had been declawed on all 4 feet so we knew that there was no way he could ever go outside (although we take him on our balcony with a harness and leash), making him a perfect condo pet. We are certain that he is Radar reincarnated. He is every bit as lovable and demanding (extremely talkative) and endearing as our beloved Radar and now we don't know what we'd do without him.

Danno, we know how hard it is to part with a cherished friend. We feel so very fortunate that we ultimately found a new friend whom we can cherish in the same fashion.

I believe that we don't pick out our pets, they pick out their owners! In Jan, we had to put my cat Sal to sleep. While at the Vet, they had a white kitten with black spots, the same as Sal. She was sitting on her hind legs and putting her paws together like she was praying. My husband, who said right from the start that we were not getting another cat, said, "You know, Val (his daughter) has been asking for a pet to keep at our house, do you think she would like this kitten?" Of course she did, and Moo became a part of our family.

(Don't normally post here but I was cruising the boards and saw this post)

Hi Dan !

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I am glad to see that all of our dear friends here at Cruise Critic are helping you get through this difficult time. If there is anything I can do to help, please feel free to e-mail me.

Danno, what a fortunate pet you had, to have had YOU as it's companion...

I've had 2 cats...one 25 yrs. and another 23 yrs. They were funny, cuddly, and extremely lovable. One pure white, and the other black. We have so many memorable stories to remember...one was Angel, and when my daughter was a toddler and couldn't say Angel, she called her "Anal".

I'm so sorry for your loss, and you know your CC friends are always here to help you through the blue days...you sure do help us through our's!

Karyn

Danno, the price of great love and affection between a beloved pet and a human is deep sorrow when they cross over the rainbow bridge--but I find it a fair price to pay.

Our family of pet lovers believes in "Divine Dog Directors". When your next pet chooses you (and they will pick YOU, not the other way around!), you will see behaviors and expressions that your 'new' dog will assume, ones that were characteristic of your departed pet. The DDD will 'send down' instructions and information to the new pet as a reminder that they are watching over them and you. OK, it sounds weird, but in each and every situation at our house, this has been absolutely true.

Right now we have three dogs, two of them 'rescues'. And each one has their own DDD and exhibits some remarkable resemblances in behavior. This has happened to all of our previous dogs also, no kidding.

So, in time, your new pet will provide you with joy, and their DDD with recognizable comfort.

I am a Hospice volunteer, so have lots of experience with the process of humans passing on in life.

Also remember that the greatest gift you can give your pet is a quick and caring passage when they are unable to experience the life you know they would want.

Grieve until your heart tells you that there is a certain new pet out there looking for you. You will know when--and where to find them.

Thanks all...you have ALL made my week much more bearable...having dinner with 8 friends tonight, it'll be nice to have my mind on other things for a few hours...I'll count my blessings and wait until another special dog like Smokey enters my life...not that any dog could replace her, she was truly special.

Danno - so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved pet. They truly become a part of us and our daily lives and a void is left in their place when they are gone. You were fortunate enough to be able to enjoy so many years with him and no doubt will have a lifetime of memories.

Marj

Today we welcome Jib into our lives...a 4 month old Border Collie (kinda)...he'll never replace Smokey in our hearts, but he's a pound puppy who needed a home and some love...we just happen to have both of those available. I feel a bit of guilt, but I know that will pass. I think Smokey will understand...no dog should be without a good home.

Thanks all....

Danno! How great of you! Hope Jib is settling nicely.

But I have to ask...are you going to train him to be a good sailor? My brother wanted to name his first son 'Jib,' but his wife was afraid the first daughter would end up being "Spinaker" and the next son would end up "Ditty Bag.":rolleyes:

Sometimes, when I've had a really bad day, Hubble just rests his chin on my leg, and it all goes away- hope that 'Jib' will do that for you.

Andrew

Jib will be a sailor...he was almost named Rudder, but friends had a dog named Rudder who they lost last year...didn't seem right. Our 6 year old Papillion, Calypso, is not amused by this turn of events....:eek: . She is very much Jill's dog, and princess of the house...she'll adjust.

(His name was Prince...didn't work for us)

I think that this being the FIRST Celebrity thread I have read in the past 4 days is appropriate, what could be better?

Danno, it's good news, you have a new friend and he has a home. All the best, it is good news, for sure.

Danno,

Never got a chance to say how sorry I was and now I get to say how glad I am at the same time. I'm sure the Princess will adjust and he'll be a great sailor! At least you didn't make our mistake we got the replacement thinking that the old boy would train him and he did in a way - every single bad habit!

Enjoy!

Dear Santa:

I would like to Thank you for my past Christmas presents.

1) My wonderful T/A Deb who is the best there is on the sea.

2) The lovley people Celebrity always seems to staff for my room and dining pleasure.

3) The always wonderful cruise staff who put up with my antics.

4) The beautiful people on these boards that are always willing to share their marvelous insights into cruising along with their tips for avoiding problems.

5) The great food and drinks I am served while on board.

And could you see if.....

1) You could even out the questions in the battle of the sexes.

2) Make sure I don't book a cruise Newt is on. ;)

Other than that... Have a great holiday.

Futher on Jib...he was found abandoned, going through peoples garbage last Wednesday...his biggest problem for the rest of his life will be which toy to play with...(some people should be beaten to a bloody pulp).

Futher on Jib...he was found abandoned, going through peoples garbage last Wednesday...his biggest problem for the rest of his life will be which toy to play with...(some people should be beaten to a bloody pulp).

I'm so glad Jib has found you. You deserve a furry child to lavish with love. Our one cat Murphy (and her sister Lil Bits), was found dumped at a shelter by a minister and his wife who had gotten new carpets and didn't want cat fur on them. They were like SIX YEARS OLD at the time. How can you just toss out a companion like that. Sadly Lil Bits starved herself to death at the shelter (which was over crowded and they didn't realize until it was too late), Murphy stopped eating after that and went into 'foster care' until we adopted her. She's gained quite a bit of weight since then. I think that people should be have a pass tests before they can have children or pets. People that abuse either make me ill. :mad:

I wouldn't count on much. X-Santa left this particular building a long time ago, battling a case of depression.

He shouldn't be depressed...Smokey left to make way for Jib...things happen for a reason.

Dear X Santa

How about a "therapy" dog onboard...for those of us who need the odd "fur fix".

Dear X Santa

How about a "therapy" dog onboard...for those of us who need the odd "fur fix"

I volunteer my Cairn Terrier. That way I won't have to feel terrible about leaving him with family while I'm away!

It's a niche market that's got potential: Cruises with your pets! Given what I pay for the kennels, etc., even a third person cruise fare would look attractive!:D

Blazerboy - you are SOOOO on to something!! I would definitley take my French Bulldog along! Nothing would make me happier than to have ALL of my family on board - husband and our furkid!

Celebrity Hannukah Harry,

My wish list for Century 12/24/05 cruise:

1. Matt Yee performs (he was soooo much fun on the Infinity)

2. The same quality of large production shows as we saw on the Infinity in August

3. Select members be able to use the thallasotherapy pool for a reduced rate or free

4. Pet therapy (I like everyone's idea on this)

5. Good times for all!

Thank-you in advance for granting any of these wishes!

Archived