Dear Viking, I've got a deal for you!

cmaasfamily

We sailed in June. We plan to sail again in 2020.

You are currently sending a dozen or more pieces of mail every week, from postcards up to big fat glossy catalogs - sometimes two of those per week. They all go straight into recycling.

How about you stop that until say, mid-2018? (We can still stay in touch through email and the web.)

• You get another 'green cruise line' feather in your cap.
  • We'll be less annoyed.
  • You'll save, I'd guess $400 or more on printing and postage over the next two years.

We could split the difference, knock off $200 for our 2020 cruise and you keep the rest of the savings for yourself! Deal? :)

Why don't you just write to them and tell them to take you off the list until later?

That's what we did. Not for the 'green' element, but for the fact that all the Viking Cruises I'd like to do will send me broke. Luckily we can manage one every 2 yrs.

Have to concur with this suggestion to Viking.

We cruised Budapest to Amsterdam on the Bragi in 2013 and we'll be on the Viking Star in January, 2017. The amount of rather expensive Viking booklets we have received since 2013 is mind boggling! While we were very impressed with our first riverboat cruise with Viking, and I'm sure it will be the same with our first Viking ocean cruise, I consider the constant barrage to our mailbox from Viking to be a waste of their resources and a lot of trips to the recycle bin.

As a new customer, I received a large packet in the mail today. Large magazine size brochure of Viking, a smaller brochure of 2016,1007 cruises and a magazine called Explore. I will read them all from cover to cover.

I also get emails from Viking and other cruise lines on a regular basis.

These will be good references for me as I dream about the my cruise in 2018.

Edited by Azulann

Dear cmaasfamily,

We’d be happy to oblige and temporarily cease all mailings to your home address. As dln929 has so kindly suggested, to help us locate the proper profile, please send us an email message to TellUs@vikingcruises.com with your customer ID or mailing address at your earliest convenience.

Although a discount can’t be guaranteed at this time, we will consider your suggestion when you return to book in 2018.

Have a wonderful day.

Kind regards,

Viking Cruises

We sailed in June. We plan to sail again in 2020.

You are currently sending a dozen or more pieces of mail every week, from postcards up to big fat glossy catalogs - sometimes two of those per week. They all go straight into recycling.

How about you stop that until say, mid-2018? (We can still stay in touch through email and the web.)

• You get another 'green cruise line' feather in your cap.
  • We'll be less annoyed.
  • You'll save, I'd guess $400 or more on printing and postage over the next two years.

We could split the difference, knock off $200 for our 2020 cruise and you keep the rest of the savings for yourself! Deal? :)