Handicap assistance

ChristineMoon

I am sailing on the Pride in November. One of the members of our party has MS and fibromyalgia. There is no way to guess how she will be feeling on any given day- some days she'll walk, others she may be very limited in standing/ moving time. Other than purchasing faster to the fun (we have 2 cabins and the rest of us are fine saving the money and standing in line), what kind of accommodations can be made for one member?

I am sailing on the Pride in November. One of the members of our party has MS and fibromyalgia. There is no way to guess how she will be feeling on any given day- some days she'll walk, others she may be very limited in standing/ moving time. Other than purchasing faster to the fun (we have 2 cabins and the rest of us are fine saving the money and standing in line), what kind of accommodations can be made for one member?

Just ask for a wheel chair to board or the person can rent one for the week.

Edited by riclop

Certainly, if there is concern that she may need it throughout the cruise, rent a wheelchair or scooter. A good rollator may also be an option.

Carnival does offer wheelchair assistance at embarkation and debarkation. When you arrive at the port, simply find someone who works there and tell them that she requires wheelchair assistance. They will direct her where to meet those with the wheelchairs (they are first come, first served). She will check in through the special needs line and will board with the special needs group.

Don't let her be too proud to use the wheelchair assistance. Boarding can be exhausting when you have physical challenges. There is nothing worse than having to spend the rest of your cruise recovering just from boarding.

Edited by Schoifmom

I second "rent a scooter".

If you google you can quickly find who the Carnival vendor is. They will have it waiting at embarkation.

This will give her true freedom, both on board and onshore.

We used this option when my husband had a sprained ankle.

Also, while using a wheel chair/scooter, buffet staff is very quick to help bring filled plates to table and offer similar services.