Premier inn Southampton airport

Trixie21

We booked into premier inn Southampton airport the night before a cruise on navigator next June. Can anyone tell me if it is an easy walk (with luggage and elderly but fit parents in law) from the airport to the premier inn or do I need to book a taxi? Premier inn west quay is booked up that night otherwise we would be staying there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We booked into premier inn Southampton airport the night before a cruise on navigator next June. Can anyone tell me if it is an easy walk (with luggage and elderly but fit parents in law) from the airport to the premier inn or do I need to book a taxi? Premier inn west quay is booked up that night otherwise we would be staying there.

It's an easy two to three minute walk to that Premier Inn from the airport's only terminal.:)

Ditto from the adjacent Parkway rail station (3 to 4 trains per hour in the London direction, and a few more in the Southampton direction).

To get to your ship, ask the hotel to book a taxi, or book one yourselves from http://www.westquaycars.com - it'll be cheaper than taking one from the rank at the airport.

Train is just a few pounds but you'd need a taxi from Southampton Central to your ship, so a taxi all the way would cost little more - should be about £16 to £17.

Like all Premier Inns it has its own bar & restaurant, which is pretty important cos I don't know of any other local facilities in walking distance. Don't know this one, but it'll have a decent menu and sensible prices.

JB :)

Edited by John Bull

It's an easy two to three minute walk to that Premier Inn from the airport's only terminal.:)

Ditto from the adjacent Parkway rail station (3 to 4 trains per hour in the London direction, and a few more in the Southampton direction).

To get to your ship, ask the hotel to book a taxi, or book one yourselves from http://www.westquaycars.com - it'll be cheaper than taking one from the rank at the airport.

Train is just a few pounds but you'd need a taxi from Southampton Central to your ship, so a taxi all the way would cost little more - should be about £16 to £17.

Like all Premier Inns it has its own bar & restaurant, which is pretty important cos I don't know of any other local facilities in walking distance. Don't know this one, but it'll have a decent menu and sensible prices.

JB :)

Thanks John.

I will be using Westquay cars - have used them to take us from premier inn Westquay to the terminals in the past - I just wasn't familiar with the same exact location of the airport premier inn.

Trixi21....Premier Southampton Airport is good, stayed there last October as are westquay taxis. Used them a couple of times, good cars, good drivers. Think it was £15 plus a fiver tip from Airport to Mayflower terminal.

We have stayed in many Premier Inns across the UK on our trips there, good value if you book and pay in advance via their website.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by NSWP