Increased Balcony a Discount for Canadians

Just wanted to let everyone know that it appears Royal has increased the balcony discount for Canadians to reflect the exchange rates.

I have only found this to be in effect for cruises booked more than 6 months out but it did apply to all lengths of cruises.

Here are the examples for Diamond member discounts.

3-5 days ...listed discount $125......new discount $160

6-9 days ...listed discount $225......new discount $287

10+ days...listed discount $325......new discount $421

This works out to about a 28% increase in our balcony discount.

This certainly helps. Thanks Royal.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I was checking out a 12 night Anthem cruise in CAD for next January and had noticed our D+ balcony discount had increased to $453CAD. Doing it in USD our discount would be $350.

I always felt one of the disadvantage of booking a balcony in CAD previously was the fact that our balcony discount was the same in both currency even though we were paying more in our dollars.

The value of this discount is some what reduced by the current USD to CAD exchange rate RCI which is 1.333 for the cruise aboce whereas currently the CAD is at less than a 30% premium to get USD. :(

Also note the cruise I checked out is only 5 months out. ;)

Edited by robtulipe

I was checking out a 12 night Anthem cruise in CAD for next January and had noticed our D+ balcony discount had increased to $453CAD. Doing it in USD our discount would be $350.

I always felt one of the disadvantage of booking a balcony in CAD previously was the fact that our balcony discount was the same in both currency even though we were paying more in our dollars.

Also note the cruise I checked out is only 5 months out. ;)

The cruises under 6 months seem to be all over the place right now. I checked out a bunch from November and they were listing the old discounts and there was 1 that didn't even have a discount listed. :confused:

Hopefully once they figure out what they are doing with the discounts for cruises under 6 months they will apply the same increases to all the cruises if applicable.

So Ken if I have this right, I can/should be able to get this applied to my March 2017, September 2017, and March 2018 cruises without having a price increase?

Our dollar is also at it's highest point in a while, which is a good thing.

So Ken if I have this right, I can/should be able to get this applied to my March 2017, September 2017, and March 2018 cruises without having a price increase?

Our dollar is also at it's highest point in a while, which is a good thing.

Unfortunately it's not that easy. They changed the rules a while back and now if you call in for the change they will reprice your cruise at current rates which I'm pretty sure you don't want to do. All mine, even my Oasis 2018 have gone up in price.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Unfortunately it's not that easy. They changed the rules a while back and now if you call in for the change they will reprice your cruise at current rates which I'm pretty sure you don't want to do. All mine, even my Oasis 2018 have gone up in price.

Thanks Ken. I will keep the prices I have as they will have all gone up.