Verizon Royal Caribbean Certificates Gripe

Okay, hope this subject hasn't been beaten to death yet. This is a gripe on my part and I'm hoping I don't hear "well, you should have done this" or "you should have read that". I apparently didn't and this is just a little bit of vent to let off a little steam.

I bought 2 of the $100 Royal Caribbean gift certificates from Verizon. I've got more Verizon points than I'll probably ever use so I thought, why not? I purchased them for the sole purpose of using them to purchase OBC for cruises I've already booked.

Got them today in the mail... not UPS but in my mailbox delivered by USPS. Anyway, on the back of the certificate included in the list of rules/restrictions saw the following...

4. This certificate cannot be applied to ship-board credit.

No blame (other than myself for not looking more closely at the details/rules). I will use them at some point when I book a future cruise. I know there have been a few threads concerning these certificates but I apparently missed the post that said you can't use the certificates for OBC.

In case there is anyone on this board that was not aware that you can't use the certificates for OBC, well now you should know.

Letting off a bit of steam makes me feel better already. Have a good night everybody.

Tim

Okay, hope this subject hasn't been beaten to death yet. This is a gripe on my part and I'm hoping I don't hear "well, you should have done this" or "you should have read that". I apparently didn't and this is just a little bit of vent to let off a little steam.

I bought 2 of the $100 Royal Caribbean gift certificates from Verizon. I've got more Verizon points than I'll probably ever use so I thought, why not? I purchased them for the sole purpose of using them to purchase OBC for cruises I've already booked.

Got them today in the mail... not UPS but in my mailbox delivered by USPS. Anyway, on the back of the certificate included in the list of rules/restrictions saw the following...

4. This certificate cannot be applied to ship-board credit.

No blame (other than myself for not looking more closely at the details/rules). I will use them at some point when I book a future cruise. I know there have been a few threads concerning these certificates but I apparently missed the post that said you can't use the certificates for OBC.

In case there is anyone on this board that was not aware that you can't use the certificates for OBC, well now you should know.

Letting off a bit of steam makes me feel better already. Have a good night everybody.

Tim

Yes, Tim, I too have zillions of points that I will never use. Occasionally I check to see what they are offering, and there is not one good deal in the lot.

:(

Can you take $100 off the price then?

We are not Verizon customers.

From what I've read, these can only be used at the time of booking with a specific company. Basically useless. The Carnival ones can be used at any point in your reservation, so theirs are better in that respect (to my knowledge;))

I would call the phone number on the certificates. I redeemed a couple last week on an existing reservation with no problems. The terms and conditions state these are valid for new reservations only. I filled them out and mailed them, 7 days later the credit was on my account. Good luck!!

• 8 months later...

They are a headache to use. RCCL has so many restrictions even the agents, Crown and Anchor, and customer support can't help you. There is a "special department" that applies these...They are obviously over worked... ours are still not applied... So, I would do yourself a favor and not touch these certificates. Carnival's are useful. RCCL are a Royal nightmare.